Search

Dominical or Montezuma?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dominical or Montezuma?

Well you guys have been so helpful with all my questions - will we see more nature in Dominical or Montezuma? Montezuma looks more like it has more to do whereas there is a funky little town with lots of restaurants to try but I am really trying to find somewhere with Monkeys on my porch!!!!
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 10:55 AM

Haven't made it to Dominical yet!

But we did have monkeys in the trees outside our room in Montezuma.
This was 2004, certainly hope they are still there.

We did like the area. We really like a beach area where we can walk to restaurants, shops, etc.

That is probably part of the reason that we have not yet made it to Dominical - the need for a vehicle. We have never rented a vehicle for our entire stay in CR. We mix it up with cabs, drivers, rental and planes, Sometimes all in the same trip. I hate paying for a vehicle that is sitting in a parking lot!

Old Apr 4th, 2008, 05:08 AM

flycatcher, are you traveling with children? If not, then you might be interested in Pacific Edge in Dominical. It sits higher and overlooks the water, but if you are a birder, there is a little tower on the property and I sat there for hours with toucans and fiery billed aracaris (just to name a couple)right next to me. It was amazing.

There are also some dogs on the property (belonging to the owners), but that's not quite the same as monkeys!
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Hi there, We will have 1 15 year old with us - it certainally looks like there is more to do in Montezuma and possibly more nature at your feet. We are looking at Ylang Ylang which looks really nice!
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 08:53 AM

In that area, all of you would enjoy Montezuma Falls and the hiking in Cabo Blanco Reserve (closed Mon. and Tues.). We saw tons of wildlife hiking through there. Anteaters, capuchin monkeys, a fawn, just to name a few.
Takes a full day (until 2:00 or so) and needs an early start, but we really enjoyed it.
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 10:07 AM

Other than hanging out on the beach and in town. We took the Tortuga Snorkeling trip and rode horses on the beach and through the jungle.

And I sure don't know if they still do it. But at the El Sano Banano restaurant in town, we watched Pirates of the Caribbean on their movie night. Sure was more fun than watching it at home!