Does Nature Air physically weight people

Old Oct 27th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does Nature Air physically weight people

WE had booked all our tickets the other day and I noticed this morning that Nature Air has a body weight restriction of 250 lbs. Being just over this they require me to buy an extra seat. My question not having flew with this company is do they physically make you hop on a scale? My wife and I combined are under 250 lbs so if it is a safety issue then we are under their weight restriction. If it is a money grab then there is nothing I can do about it. If they charged the extra weight the same as extra baggage I also would not have a problem with it. I have no problem losing the weight to get under the 250 lbs but what happens when you eat and drink and be merry then you are over again.

Has anyone witnessed the process at the airport and should I be concerned?
Old Oct 27th, 2015, 05:12 PM

Not Nature Air but another airline - and yes, they did weigh us right in front of the other passengers.
Old Oct 28th, 2015, 10:18 AM

We've never been weighed by Nature Air or Sansa, but I have heard of them weighing other people. We took Nature Air out of Tortuguero, and there wasn't even an airport, just a plane and a landing strip, so it may be different at their main headquarters. Our security consisted of the pilot asking us our names and then telling us to get on the plane.
Old Oct 28th, 2015, 01:45 PM

Oh yes, they do! Sansa does not but Travel Air does weigh boarding passengers. We have been on planes where the pilot assigns seats, based on balancing the plane!

Caroll
Old Oct 28th, 2015, 06:36 PM

Yes. We've been weighed by Nature Air a few times, sometimes with and sometimes without our luggage on the scale at the same time. I was a bit surprised that they didn't have a hidden display of the weight but it was just broadcast to everyone in the terminal. That's Costa Rica!