dining

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Debbi

dining

I'm looking for good - seriously good - dining in Cancun. We'll be there a week and enjoy anything but liver. Presentation, delectability a must. Love seafood. Please help. Thanks!

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 07:28 AM
loangalsal

There is a great upscale restaurant in the Ritz Carlton you should try (can't remember the name), plus we really liked La Habichuela (Surely I spelled it wrong!). Excellent shrimp served in a coconut and great flaming coffee for dessert. Beautiful patio for outdoor dining, expecially in the evening as it is all lit up. Blue Bajou is great, (has live music some evenings) I think it is in one of the Hyatts but can't remember which one. We had some great mexican food at a restaurant at the Camino Real also.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Maria

I second La Habichuela downtown. Also, try Lorenzillo's. Very good seafood and nice atmosphere over the lagoon. Blue Bayou is in the Hyatt Cancun Caribe which is pretty much across the street from Lorenzillo's.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 08:41 AM
loangalsal

Yep, I agree with Maria on Lorenzillo's also! I forgot about it, but it has very good seafood and is right on the ocean. Nice atmosphere!

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Laurie

Debbi, the restaurant at the Camino Real is Maria Bonita. I also really liked it. The food was good and I really liked the atmosphere.