Costa Rico's Single's all inclusive resorts

Old Feb 7th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Rico's Single's all inclusive resorts

I've been to CR only once before "New Years 2000". Because of lack of planning ended up staying in Jaco in a not so great place. We never made it to MA so I can't really advise my sister and a friend how MA is as far as nightlife, etc. My sister and her friend are single ladies in their late 40's and want to stay at an "All Inclusive" resort. (I don't particularly agree... but it's not my vacation and I think they would feel safer)
I would appreciate any ideas that i can pass on to them..... doesn't have to be MA if someone knows of another location that would be fun.

Thanks!

Garry
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 08:26 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Does it have to be Costa Rica, I think there's many more options along these lines in Mexico?
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

Not necessarily.... have also thought Puerto Vallarta might be the place for them to go.
Think I will change forums and check it out.

thanks Suze
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 06:59 AM

Puerto Vallarta is excellent choice (well I love it anyways)!

To go all the way to Costa Rica when hanging out relaxing at a nice AI resort is mostly what you want to do, doesn't make sense to me (and I meant that in the nicest way -lol!)
Old Feb 12th, 2010, 11:04 AM

If they are active and semi-adventurous a trip to CR would still make sense. With my thirty-something single girlfriends -- lounging around a pool in an AI doesn't offer enough nearly enough stimulation as opposed to when we were all in our 20's and we were fascinated by our stunning beauty and perfect bodies regardless of where we were.... MA is a larger more commercial town in CR so there are places they can head to get a leisurely drink in the evenings if they're not too exhausted after a day of hiking, ziplining, etc.

The activities-focused nature of a trip to CR (and the kind of travelers it attracts) might make two single women in their 40s more comfortable than an AI in Cancun with drunk college kids? Just a thought...

Also, if they're adventurous at all, I'd recommend loooking into getting certified for open water scuba diving in Cozumel -- it's an experience of a lifetime and the intense dive culture draws all ages and demographics. You dive in pairs with a "buddy" so it's a great activity with 2 or 4 people. Bars and clubs in the evening too if they still have energy for it.
Old Feb 12th, 2010, 11:22 AM

Hmmm... well since they asked about nightlife and wanted an all-inclusive, I wouldn't have thought to instead suggested a trip made up of hiking, ziplining, diving, etc.
Old Feb 12th, 2010, 11:33 AM

lol -- very true... I'd actually be interested to know if there alot of ai nightlife options for older single ppl?
Old Feb 12th, 2010, 01:49 PM

www.bookit.com great values on AIs

RIU is as good as it gets for adult oriented AI in CR

they still take kids...

You would do a lot better with an adults only in Mexico
Old Feb 12th, 2010, 02:00 PM

Backing up... that's why I suggested Puerto Vallarta Cabo would work too. Cancun or Playa del Carmen.

I've nothing against Costa Rica but I've sure never heard of it being a some hub for single 40-somethings all-inclusive nightlife!

I always thought of it more like fishee is saying for the outdoorsy, sporty types, which doesn't to me sound like what these women are seeking.