Search

Costa Rica Trip

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Rica Trip

Got a couple of questions about a destination I know nothing about. A couple of friends have recommended Costa Rica for a trip in July, particularly a resort called Tabacon Hot Springs. Anyone know anything about it? Or recommend Costa Rica in general? I'm into resort type places, and want this to be a relaxing 4 or 5 day getaway. And on a related note, anyone know of the attitude in Costa Rica regarding gay couples?

Thanks!!
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 03:48 PM

Definitely more accepting than a few years ago. Shouldn't be a problem for you. Lots of very nice resorts--Tabacon is one of them. Take your pick--the country is a land of treasures!
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 07:20 PM

Hi,
Tabacon Springs is a resort that is located in the north of Costa Rica. One of the most active volcanos of the Americas, Volcano Arenal, cast its shadows over the entire area. La Fortuna is the small town nearby and all around the base of the volcano as well as in the town are hotels.

Tabacon has two different types of springs. One, lush, lovely and tropical with a wonderful spa inside.

The other, a natural side, across the street in the jungle.

The resort itself has lovely rooms, quiet sitting areas and the tropical vegetation is really beautiful.

It is a resort, so in the springs, you may not find quiet and relaxing, because many people go there. However, on the grounds of the hotel, you will.

La Fortuna is located about 3 hours from the main airport of San Jose at Alajuela.

Check on the net: Gay Costa Rica. There use to be a company here, but I can not find it. There are many hotels that advertise to the gay community. Especially in the lovely Pacific town of Quepos at Manuel Antonio National Park.

These two vacation spots are wonderful!

HOP
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, shillmac and hopabout for the replies. Very helpful. One more question, please? I'm told that July is "rainy season." What type of weather would I expect at Tabacon Hot Springs, and would I be better off (as someone told me) to stay in the Guanacaste region as it is dryer? Again, thanks!!
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 10:08 PM

use the search funtion "Tabacon" also tripadvisor.com has some reviews