Costa Rica - One Destination - Beach

Old Aug 9th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Rica - One Destination - Beach

My husband and I are looking into CR for our honeymoon. My husband is not a good flier and would like to stay at one hotel on a beach and take day trips to the rainforests, etc., rather than hotel hop. Neither of us are surfers, so we'd like to be on a swimming beach. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 10:37 AM

Manuel Antonio ...... Great hotel and restaurant choices ..... Some beautiful calm beaches inside the park as well as tiny romantic Biesanz Beach . It is in the rainforest , with lots of animals to see . Lots of day excursions to choose from . Close proximity to San Jose . One point is that most of the hotels are up in the hills on the road to the beach, a couple are on the beach like Karahes , but oh .... those romantic views are great !!! Tamarindo has a few nice spots as well that others can fill you in on(not as lush an area ) . Makanda by the sea and Mango Moon are very romantic in M.A. Faith .
Old Aug 22nd, 2005, 01:41 PM

Hey, congrats! My wife and I went to CR recently and loved it. I really enjoyed the beaches around Manuel Antonio, but want to caution you. The beaches in the town of MA are very public and it's hard to be alone or have much privacy. In the park, the beaches are nice, but again, not very private. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if peace and quiet is what you're searching for, I'd look elsewhere.
-Avery
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 12:06 PM

Just returned from MA on Sunday. Went to Makanda for dinner, very romantic, but a hike to the other restaurants and things to do.
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 12:56 PM

The rainy season in Tamarindo, Guanacaste Province (Pacific Ocean)started the beginning of May. We went May 24th and it was lush (and did not rain much at all). I show pics of our travels around the area and tell people we were in a dry forest and they don't understand because it is so green. It is beautiful and the beachs are much nicer than some describe them. We stayed at a hotel that is actually on the beach (some advertise that they are and you have to cross a road and walk down a path to the beach, etc.) Hotel Capitan Suizo is on the www.visittamarindo.com (chamber of commerce website) and there is a bulletin there also. We had a driver take us the 4 1/2 hrs. (add a 1/2 hr. for lunch on the roadside - a neat experience) from the airport in Alejuha (San Jose) but there is an airport 50 minutes from Tamarindo (Liberia, Costa Rica). We enjoyed the drive with the driver explaining EVERTHING to us. His name is Leo Rodriguez and his email address is [email protected] (506)378-0001