Search

Costa Rica in Dec. 2007

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Rica in Dec. 2007

Any other good places to stay in Osa Penninsula other that BDC? Is there other ok places to fly into other than Jimenez? Any other suggestions of a second week in Costa Rica (week one in Peurto Viejo) ? Thanks!!!
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 04:42 AM

Lapa Rios also gets very good reviews. What are you looking for in a property, do you have an idea of your budget? If you provide a few details, everyone can chime in with some ideas for you.

Arenal (volcano) and Manuel Antonio (beach) are also very popular. Are you interested in budget or luxury? Cloud forest, animals, etc.? The areas are so different that it's hard to recommend a spot without a few more details.
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 04:44 AM

I just realized that you're looking for December of this year - it may be hard to find reservations; that's a really popular time to visit CR. Are you planning on going around the holiday?
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 06:24 AM

Heyyy TwoSisters...

I'll be traveling alone in CR in December. Staying in Arenal Dec. 12-15. Haven't decided where to stay after that. If you're in the neighborhood though, it sure would be nice to say "hi" and chit chat for a bit. This is my first time ever traveling alone outside the country.

Thanks,
Leigh
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 07:50 AM

There are plenty of places to stay...what type of accomodation do you prefer and what type of budget do you have? Many people like the Iguana Lodge, and Black Turtle Lodge is "next door" and looks good too. You can fly into either Puerto Jimenez or Drake Bay. You can find some reviews on Trip Advisor regarding lodges around Drake Bay. Cabinas Los Caletas is on the top of my list. Corcovado Lodge also gets good reviews. La Encanta Vida looks nice and I was considering splitting up my days with BDC next trip, but decided to stick with BDC since we had such a great time last trip.

Happy to hear you're venturing to the Carribean side. We loved our stay in Puerto Viejo!