Costa Rica for 4 days

Jan 5th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Costa Rica for 4 days

I found a cheap ticket from Miami to San Jose Less that $200!!!

My boyfriend and I wanted to go somewhere not very touristy and quaint. Beaches and rainforests if possible. He has already been to quepos and Jaco if that means anything (so not there again). Any suggestions? It is my first time though.

Thanks
Jan 6th, 2004, 08:37 AM

How much time do you have because if you want beaches AND rainforest, you'll need to stay in two different locations.
It's been awile since I've been to La Fortuna (Arenal Volcano) but it used to be quaint...although it is 'touristy'. The town near Monteverde Rainforest is 'quaint' but not easy to get to and most people only stay a night or two there. Mal Pais is a 'quaint' little beach town, as is Montezuma with the latter being more of a 'hippy' destination and Mal Pais being more of a 'surfer' destination. And then there is the Osa/Drake bay area with forest and beach combined, but you'd have to stay and eat at one place as it's rather isolated so you stay/eat at the 'lodge' of your choice. Do a search for Costa Rica on this board and get a guide book then ask more specific questions about the area(s) you might be interested in. Happy planning!
Jan 6th, 2004, 09:31 AM

Hi,
How did you get tix so cheaply? I got tix from Miami to San Jose in June 04 for $240 and thought that was a great deal.
Jan 6th, 2004, 11:19 AM

Silly me. I just read you header again and see that you only have 4 days. In that case, you will only have time for one location and you should plan on it being somewhere you can fly too, as driving will take too much of your time, unless you just want to drive up to the volcano. Does your 4 days include 4 nights or just three nights and 4 days? Many flights from the US arrive late in the afternoon or early evening, and many depart Costa Rica early in the day, so your nights may have to include a night near the airport on your first and last nights!
Jan 6th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Taca airlines is the airline I went through.
I'll be there for 4nights.
Jan 6th, 2004, 01:36 PM

From Costa Rica to Miami it's only $150.00 I would give the information later.