Costa Rica

Nov 6th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Costa Rica

In the beginning planning stages of a trip to Costa Rica in February. We(two adults) have the tree house booked at MYCASA B and B near manual Antonio. they seem to have great reviews. any one been there? Looking for suggestions for a driver to /from the airport, something to do between the airport and manual Antonio so we don't 'waste" first day, and ideas what to do in the area other then go to manual Antonio itself for the day (guide suggestions for that too). We land midday (12;40)Sunday and leave Thursday (1:40). I KNOW this is a short trip-hopefully we will be back. but that is all the time I have now. Also I am thinking maybe we should go to San Jose early evening on Wednesday so that Thursday we could do something( maybe see a volcano if opened to public?) before going to the airport. any thoughts. I appreciate all your help!! I should add we love hiking, animals, the beach and nature and are in good shape so can do strenuous activities.
Nov 7th, 2019, 06:34 AM

The most popular stop is the Rio Tarcoles bridge. You can pull into the parking lot and walk out over the bridge and see huge crocs down below, usually about ten or fifteen of them. There are also boat tours you can do on the river if you're interested. In MA, we did a guided tour of the park with Manuel Antonio Expeditions, and they were great. Also really liked the Villa Vanilla spice tour and sailing. We went snorkeling, but it was kind of a dud so I'd pass on that; there can be a lot of sediment in the water that affects visibility. The beach inside the national park is beautiful, and you can usually see monkeys there.
Nov 7th, 2019, 07:21 AM

We usually book drivers through our hotels when we reserve them. Have also used Carlos Bogarin with Destinos Encantados, and he was very good. Remember that the national park is closed on Monday so you'll need to schedule your visit for another day.
Nov 8th, 2019, 04:44 AM
Original Poster

Some Great ideas to get started with. Thanks
Nov 8th, 2019, 10:01 AM

You're welcome, happy to help. We used Jose's Crocodile Tour for the croc tour if you're interested in doing it.
Nov 8th, 2019, 01:17 PM

We spent 8 nights in Costa Rica a couple of years back - 3 nights Arenal, 2 in Cost Verde and 2 in Heredia. Bought a GroupOn package which included a rental car in the package. It is very easy to drive yourself around in Costa Rica. You drive on the same side of the road as US and roads are good. Slower than US of course but you are not in a rush while on vacation. The hanging bridges park in Arenal is great. You can go zip lining in Arenal which is great. La Fortuna falls is nice - 500 steep steps down to the waterfall. Costa Verde has a beautiful beach.
Nov 11th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

We have decided to stay right near manual Antonio. Any ideas for day trips from there? I think we will probably use a driver / go with a tour rather then drive ourselves. We have found that by doing so we usually learn a lot about the country we are in and it keeps the stress level down because we donít have to worry about getting lost.