chilean vineyards

Old Jun 2nd, 1999, 11:01 AM
anne

chilean vineyards

Does anyone have any information on wine tours in Chile? Or, experiences renting a car and touring the vineyards on your own? Thanks

Old Jun 25th, 1999, 12:59 PM
Rodrigo

You must take a tour from Santiago. I believe that renting a car is not a good choice because the explanation are offered only to groups with a reservation.
I have information about tours near Santiago or in the Sixth region. Do not hesitate to contact me.

Old Nov 17th, 1999, 04:32 PM
clay

www.chateaulosboldos.com ask for luke, my brother

Old Nov 17th, 1999, 10:33 PM
jay

Anne, have just returned from Sth America, including Chile, which we all loved. We visited the vineyards, but with our own private taxi, this was a lot safer and cheaper than the tours, there were three of us, the tours US51 p.p., we did the tour, pick up by our driver from hotel and droped off approx US$75.oo for the car.

Old Nov 18th, 1999, 04:01 AM
kathy

To Jay: Just curious why you considerered the private taxi a lot safer than the tour bus? Thanks.

Old Dec 12th, 1999, 07:54 AM
Rodrigo

Also to Jay:

I do not believe that taking a taxi be more safe. Taxi drivers do not know nothing(with some exceptions) an they usually do not drive well. ┐how did you take the reservations?. ┐a guided visit only for you?. I think you are wrong.