Casa Que Canta Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Casa Que Canta Questions

Hi There --

Looking for input on Casa Que Canta.

My wife and I want to take a nice relaxing trip. We live in Los Angeles, he 32, she 28. We're don't party a lot but like relaxed bar settings and restaurants.

After doing a lot of research, it seems Mexico is the best location to vacation from LA for 5-8 days? We've been to Maui many times and wanted to try something different. The Carribean seems a long way away and frankly, most islands seemed to be a similar experience to Hawaii or Zihua...am I right/wrong?

So for Casa Que Canta:

1) What is the best way to book? We are pretty flexible with our dates. We just want to go sometime between June and October.

2) Is the meal plan worth considering?

Any other suggestions are appreciated. We are also considering Royal Hideaway.

Thanks.

Old May 17th, 2004, 09:38 PM

We stayed there 4 years ago and booked directly with the hotel. We went in November and it was very warm and hot on the beach so I recommend avoiding summer and going in fall. the hotel is gorgeous and the restaurant was fabulous.
There are several other good hotels with fine restaurants in the area, so a 5 day trip is perfect. Ziuat is much nicer then Xihat and very luxurious, but hire a taxi driver for a flat rate from your hotel for a few hour tour and have the hotel arrange it for security reasons. a gorgeous area and worth the price!
Old May 18th, 2004, 05:23 PM

La Casa Que Canta is amazing. Very very private, fabulousu pools. Even in summer you could relax all day under an umbrella or in the pools and be fine. Gorgeous rooms, such care was taken in the construction of this place. Nice spa, too, which is new. Don't do the meal plan -- there are too many good restaurants within walking distance. But definitely do breakfast on your terrace and lunch by the pool. Walk down the street to Kau-Kan for dinner.
You'll love it. Very special place.
Old Jun 5th, 2004, 06:14 PM

We just returned from Royal Hideaway for our 25th anniversary (I posted a trip report on the Carribean board). It was amazing. The best service I have ever experienced. Gourmet quality food and a beautiful setting. But the service is what really set it apart. I'd go back in a heartbeat. And it is on the Carribean coast.
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 02:55 PM

What is a Master Pool Suite at Casa Que Canta? Are they nice?
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 03:34 PM

Oooooh, the Master Private Pool Suite. It IS nice. Gorgeous. Private. HUGE. Beautiful.
I can only speak for the MPP suite I honeymooned in. It had a big bedroom with king bed, huge bathroom with two sinks, shower (with view of the bay), toilet, bidet. Outdoor living room with couches and coffee table. Big balcony with hammock, table for two, private pool with infinity edge. Totally private, including the outdoor spaces -- just a view out to sea. Handmade artwork and a complimentary minibar which was restocked each day. Flower arrangements on the bed every night. Just an incredible room at an incredible property and I hope to return someday.
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 04:19 PM

Tansy, can you actually get sun in your private pool or around your private pool or is it shaded? The pictures are a bit misleading. Thanks! Which is the "Mexico Lindo" suite others have mentioned, as the best? (it is not at Murmullo). Thanks
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 09:14 AM

I have stayed at LCQC 5 times and would say, by far, my favorite room is Rosita Alvirez (#21). It is a master pool suite in the Luna wing, is around 1600 sq feet and amazingly private. Mexico Lindo is the largest suite in the hotel but, in my opinion, really lacks privacy due to the location rabove the main pool. The pool and patio in Rosita Alvirez has absolute privacy, which is rare. It is also further to the side and therefore closer to the cliffs making for the sound of crashing waves which was great. And, yes, the patio did get sun. As far as non pool suites, I love El Colibri & I have heard great things about Peregrina but have not stayed there. I love LCQC, it is one of my favoite places on earth. I would not due the meal plan but try the coconut and mango sorbet. Yum!
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 10:02 AM

you may want to check out www.mexicoboutiquehotels.com
they have some very nice properties all over Mexico that offer personalized attention with a lot of charm
Some more options anyway
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 10:54 AM

Our MPP suite did get sun on the balcony, although the sun hit primarily on the pool. It was the Maraquita Linda suite in the "Mar" building.

My favorite non-MPP room is "Adelita," it is at the top of the "Sol" building and has an unbelievable view.
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 06:17 PM

thanks to everyone!
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 07:12 AM

Tansy and Kwil had some good info on this hotel, and I welcome responses from anyone else who may know as well:

I have a surprise trip planned for Aug. and want everything to be perfect!
I have a reservation for a "Master" Private Pool Suite, which I guess is different from a "special" private pool suite, which is different from just a "private" pool suite??? It's confusing, and talking to the hotel just confused me more. I am concerned that we will get a room that, like you said, is right over the pool, and therefore not that private. Can you give me any suggestions? Any info about the Master Private Pool Suites you could give would be helpful.
Thanks!!!

Old Jun 13th, 2004, 08:52 AM

What are the terrace rooms like? Does anyone ever stay in these?
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 08:39 AM

I just read someone's review on TripAdvisor.com and he said that he had to pay extra for housekeeping services?!?!? That sounds strange, and for the amount per night that I will be paying for a private pool suite, I would hope that they would clean up the room each night (as in all other hotels). Does anyone know if this "extra service" rumor is true?
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 10:13 AM

As far as the terrace rooms, I think that "Adelita", which someone refered to as their favorite non-pool suite is considered a terrace room. There are only a few but if it saves a bunch of money I would have no hesitation staying there. Their suites are quite large to start so small is relative.

As far as pool suites, I can only comment on what I know, which is Rosita Alvirez gets sun and is private. Staying there, we could see the balcony of Marquita Linda so I would not consider that private. I would assume that Mujer is private, as it is at the top of the Luna Wing building, I thave heard that Amapola (one of the original pool suites) is private (but haven't seen it) and, in my opinion Mexico Lindo is not private at all. All that being said, I don't think one would be disappointed with any of the rooms.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 01:18 PM

You do not have to pay extra for housekeeping. In addition, employees are NOT allowed to accept tips of any kind. You tip when you leave; you add on a percentage (they recomment 10% of total bill) at checkout.

Adelita IS a Terrace Room, and it's fabulous. It's not huge but you've got a great terrace and the view is fantastic.

Sorry to hear that our Maraquita Linda balcony was in view! eek! When we stayed there, we looked high and low and could not see a single balcony or window that would give visual access to our outdoor living area. But . . . so be it. It felt amazingly private. That was before they remodeled the bar area, though -- might need to check on that next time I'm there.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 04:45 PM

Thanks for the room info Tansy! Can one request a specific room when making a reservation? gracias!
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 08:40 AM

You can definitely request a specific room (we did that last November with Adelita). I believe that if the room is available when you make the reservation, they will indeed assign it to you. Since every room is different, most return guests have a favorite.

Have fun!
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 05:53 AM

kwil,

I'm bringing this to the top to thank you for the detailed room info you give here. I am booking Rosita Alveriz for next February based upon your comments.

Thanks again!

-Bill
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 08:53 AM

You are welcome. I'm sure you will love it. At some point after our first trip to LCQC, a friend we met there sent me an article which has a diagram and description of all the rooms at the hotel, including square footage and pro's and con's of the rooms. I have used it as my "bible" when picking out rooms there and so far it has not failed me!

Hope you have the best time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -