Search

Casa Bambu

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Casa Bambu

I stayed at Casa Bambu during the first week in March. It will definitely be a vacation that will go down in history. I have previously visited the Quepos/Manual Antonio area and have to say that they were both enjoyable - but the Osa was beautiful beyond belief. Before I leased Casa Bambu - I searched this board for information and did not have much luck. It surprised me because - on previous searches for other lodges I had no problems. However let me assure you that if you go to Casa Bambu - or any of the other houses from the website (http://www.casabambu-beach-house-ren...om/index.shtml) You will have the time of your life. It is rustic living - so if you do not like the outdoors - this is not your place. However, if you are like me, That is what I wanted to experience. It was the perfect blend of simple modern conveniences with the natural rainforest at your doorstep. there were scarlet macaws in our yard everyday by the dozens. Our alarm was the sound of the howler monkeys every morning. from the bed you could watch as the sun began to rise turning the skies pink, orange, purple and blue. The Spider and squirrel monkeys visited everyday. I know this seems to good to be true, I would not have believed it myself had I not experienced it. The kitchen was nicely equipped and the bathroom very spacious. One thing i have always struggled with in Costa Rica was finding a comfortable bed. The beds in Casa Bambu were wonderful. Very comfortable. We took a morning fishing trip with Tres Peces - just a short walk up the road. We were out for just 4 hours and caught yellow fin tuna which we brought home for a couple dinners and a 9' Sailfish! If you go this is a must! The caretakers were very kind and pleasant and if requested, would help you in anyway. Lyn and Kirk (the owners) were very helpful before leaving - sending lots of information to ensure our trip was enjoyable and so there would be no surprises. Upon return they were both very accommodating as well. We will definitely return to Casa Bambu. If you have any questions or want anymore information about our stay - Please email me @ [email protected]. Otherwise - go ahead and book it - I made the right decision and so should you!
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Scott, thank you so much for writing about Casa Bambu. So few have. I have been trying to talk my husband into it for a few years now but he keeps insisting it will be too hot down on the beach.

Can I tell him it won't be that bad????
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 02:20 PM

Scott,
I am curious as to a few things. I looked into renting Casa Bambu a few years ago and have been to Bosque del Cabo twice. Can you walk to any restaurants from Casa Bambu and if so, which ones? I love the idea of renting but do not want to cook, and you are really far from town there. Also, what about the heat? Is it unbearable? Thanks for your help
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Suzie and Karen, I will answer you both in one post if you don'e mind. As for the heat.....I found it very bearable. This was my first trip to Costa Rica in Peak Season. So I had the same fears. At Casa Bambu you are sooooo close to the water that the breezes are wonderful. Now don't get me wrong, it is Costa Rica - and from what I understand March (when I was there) is supposedly one of the hotter months. I am a sun lover - so I may not be the one to ask - but I slept comfortably with the fans - they were sufficient. As for restaurants - We walked to lapa Rios (10-15 minutes uphill - and to our favorite Martina's - just a 15 minute walk. We did not go to Bosque - It would have been a further walk uphill and we did not mind cooking for ourselves....that was part of the adventure. But there were others we could have tried - but from what I understand these are the best. you can also catch the collectivo at the outer road for about $3.00 each way into town if you want to explore PJ. I just emailed Lyn for availability in August - I thing we are going back and taking our neighbors with us. One suggestion is to consider Casa Linda too (same website) as it is in a more shaded area - might cut back on the direct sunlight! Hope this helps - and Let me know if you go!
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 05:51 AM

I am also interested in travelling to the Osa, having spent 10 days in CR in Feb but at Arenal, Monteverde, and MA. What I wondered is: Is the Corcovada National Park nearby and easy to get to from Casa Bambu. Do we need a car? Also your fishing trip sounded great? How were the prices. And lastly, did you do any day trips like kayaking or snorkling? I wondered if the water was rough. thanks
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 08:31 AM

Scott, Thanks for the report.
What bay is Casa Bambu on? I know Backwash Bay is a sandy beach. Is that the beach in front? Pan Dulce nearby was good for surfing but the grapfruit size rocks were not pleasant!

Heyjude,
Corcovado entrance near Carate is about 1 1/2 hrs on a rough road crossing a couple rivers. We took the collectivo from Cabo Matapalo, same area as Casa Bambu, to Carate at the end of the road. The park is another 3kms walk along the beach and a trail to the entrance.