Search

Cancun vs Zihuatanejo?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 04:29 AM
sonia

Cancun vs Zihuatanejo?

We're planning a 1st time visit to Mexico during the end of june to the begining of july. We're planning a couple of days in Mexico City and then a 4-5 days in another area. We're traveling w/2 kids, ages 7&9. Which is better, Cancun area or Zihuatanejo? I was leaning towrds Z- because it's a shorter ride, but I'm not sure if the kids will be bored? I've read that outside Cancun there's more to do and see. What about other options around there? How far away? Should we then rent a car? Pls, any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 05:40 PM
Zippi

I liked the many activities in cancun especially at the royal solaris

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 02:55 PM
Laurie

I think it depends on what you like to do. We don't really care for Cancun because it is a big concrete city too close to what we live in every day. We just don't want to pass Dominos delivery cars constantly on vacation in Mexico! But we love Z!! We love the beaches (take a ferry to Playa las Gatas) and the snorkeling there is pretty good for that side of Mexico. The town is fabulous - lots of culture and great food and shopping. We love to stroll by the marina to watch what the fishermen bring in. Whatever you choose - have a great time in Mexico!