Search

Cancun vs. Riviera Maya

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancun vs. Riviera Maya

My best friend & I are going for a long weekend. Looking to relax at the beach during the day & party at night. Wondering which is a better place to stay, Cancun or Riviera Maya? Any advice?
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 06:55 PM

It depends on your age and what exactly you like. I am in my mid-30s and I would choose Riviera Maya. It isn't as wild as Cancun but there are definetly fun places to party in Playa del Carmen. If I was still in my early 20s, I probably would prefer Cancun.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

We are both 30. It's our last "single" girls trip.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 09:04 AM

Well, if that is the case I think I would opt for Cancun. It will be fun for one last fling! The one down side to Riviera Maya is that most of the resorts are all-inclusives. If it is just you and your friend, you are going to want to go out to the bars and probably try different restaurants. You would be more restricted to your resort if you went to an all-inclusive because you aren't going to want to spend alot of extra money.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 09:09 AM

There are some great small hotels in Playa Del Carmen itself that aren't all inclusive and are very nice. There isn't near the number of large dance venues that one would find in Cancun, but, there is some decent night life and music on the beach. PDC is small enough that you can walk everywhere. Lots of good restaurants. If you want an all-inclusive, the resort area of Playacar is a fairly long walk or a very short cab ride away.

Old Jun 9th, 2003, 11:26 AM

I agree with Cerlaurie, I would go to Cancun. You can choose to stay at an All Inclusive or not, but you will always have the choice to go to the beach, have good food and drinks, and then party at night. Cancun is famous for its nightlife, so take advantage of it!

Send me an email if you have any questions...Regards,

Enrique