Reload this Page >

Cancun Top Notch Hotels anyone?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 1999, 07:23 AM
CSM

Anyone been to Cancun and seen which hotels are the nicest there? I was thinking Ritz, fiesta americana coral beach. Anyone been to these hotels? How did you like them?

Old May 21st, 1999, 10:20 AM
margo

I have stayed at both the Sheraton Resort and Towers and the Fiesta Americana Condesa. I think that the Condesa is the top of the Fiesta Americana group in Cancun, with Coral Beach in the middle. The Sheraton is quite nice, too. I've seen the Ritz, it's along the same strip as all of the top end hotels. Basically, my opinion is that they are all pretty much the same, with a few slight differences, but only very slight. Pretty standard beach resort hotels. The Fiesta Americana Condesa doesn't have much of a workout room, I must say, for the prices they charge. Limited to a couple of treadmills and maybe a stairmaster or two. Food at the two I stayed in was pretty mediocre, too.

Old May 21st, 1999, 02:38 PM
Nicole

I just came back from a week's stay at the Ritz and I have been to the Fiesta properties. In my opinion the Ritz is the best hotel in Cancun. What makes the Ritz stand out is the service. The staff will knock themselves out to accommodate your every need. The Fiesta's service is good while the Ritz's service is superb. The hotel, pool, beach are all top notch. If you want more specifics, feel free to e-mail me.

Old Jun 3rd, 1999, 12:01 PM
Shell

Stayed at the FA Coral Beach last August...very nice property and generally considered a tad better than the Condessa....I've heard that it's been ranked something like the 5th best hotel in the world (forget what magazine/organization bestowed that title). The Ritz generally is recognized as the best hotel in Cancun, but I've heard from fellow travelers that you're more likely to run into people attending conventions rather than travelers. Same thing could be said of the FA Coral Beach, as it's right across the street from the Convention Center, but we didn't notice it. If all things were equal between the two, I think I'd go with the Coral Beach for two reasons: every room's oceanfront and it has an excellent location -- close to shopping and restaurants, or just a 15-minute bus ride downtown.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 07:13 PM
CRV

We just returned from Cancun and stayed at the Sheraton Towers. It has a great beach, but not the nicest hotel in Cancun. I would agree that the Ritz is the nicest, but there is also a new one right next door to the Ritz called Le Meridian. It is a smaller resort, but looked beautiful and had a great pool and beach.

Old Jun 6th, 1999, 01:12 PM
TiGuy

The Caesar Park is excellent, probably considered the second best hotel behind the Ritz. Incredible pool area. Stayed there 1 year ago January.

Old Jun 7th, 1999, 12:09 PM
Another

Also stayed at the Sheraton.nice beach but hotel just so-so. In restaurant placemats were just turned over and reused several days. Room ok but noisy. Touring in the town-nervous. Carrying a video camera-worried. People walking behind us. making weird compliments. Even police make you wonder if you are safe around them. There are other places to visit

Old Jun 9th, 1999, 12:18 PM
MJ

I agree with a posting above...the Fiesta Americana Condessa is better than the other Fiesta hotels. Better location/staff. I would stay there again. <BR> <BR>I've also stayed at the Omni and the Melia Turquesa. They were also good; the Omni the better of the two. <BR> <BR> <BR>