Search

Cancun redeye problem

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancun redeye problem

In late June, my wife and I will be arriving in Cancun at 1:15 A.M. We intend to catch a non-stop bus to Playa Del Carmen and connect with the ferry to Cozumel. Does anyone have suggestions to minimize the inconvenience? We are hardy travelers and would even sit it out in the airport, if it is our only option. Presently, we do not have the bus and ferry times, but are quite sure the bus and ferry do not run all night. Thanks. Zackzack
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 03:46 AM

Doing a very quick internet search, the schedule for the bus from the airport to Playa del Carmen doesn't look good for you. The schedule I found doesn't have the first bus for Playa leaving until 10:45am. That's a very long time. I'd bite the bullet and look for a private transfer, Cancun Valet is the company that comes to mine, but there are others. The ferry to Coz starts running early, 6am, is the schedule I found.
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 07:50 AM

The airport is pretty nice if you do end up staying there. Its hard to imagine that there is not a bus earlier than 10:45 AM. You could always get a bus to the Cancun bus station and then there are frequent buses to Playa. Or you could stay overnight in Cancun centro and then head down first thing in the morning.
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 02:49 PM

I do believe the buses start earlier than that but not as early as you need. The last I saw was 8 a.m. in Dec. Times are always subject to change.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 12:33 AM

www.ticketbus.com.mx lists two outbound terminals from Cancun to Playa. One is Cancun airport. The other, simply cancun. Access this info at https://www.ticketbus.com.mx/ticketbus/eng/index.jsp
Cancun Valet is a good suggestion and probably a better option. They currently list airport to Playa at $60.00 US for the Transfer (up to ten people). Transfer would be private. Just you and your wife. Ferry to Coz does not seem to start untill 5am. Here's a link to it http://www.cozumel.net/1maps/ferry.htm Time-wise, you'll take about an hour to clear customs and get baggage. It's about another hour to Playa. You'll arrive at around 3:15-3:45am in Playa. First ferry to Coz is 5am. Contact Cancun Valet, explain your time frame, and they should have suggestions regarding where to spend a little time to wait for the ferry. Here's a link http://www.cancunvalet.com/
Click on the SECOND of links shown. Hope this helps.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 12:54 AM

Sorry, click first ticketbus link, then go to english (upper right on wesite)
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 04:13 AM

I've used Cancun Valet in the past also and they did a good job. Another choice would be a taxi to the ferry. I think it would be less expensive than CV. For some reason I seem to remember there was an extra charge for the early a.m. pickup. Maybe not - it's been a couple of years.