Search

Cancun or Puerto Vallarta?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 1999, 12:47 PM
Ayesha Sattaur

Cancun or Puerto Vallarta?

I am planning a trip to Mexico in September, but I can not decide between PV and Cancun. Which of the two cities should I visit? <BR>

Old Feb 27th, 1999, 07:46 AM
JR

Hi Ayesha, No contest! if you don't want an artificial resort. Come to Vallarta, it has a special charm you will never find in Cancun. <BR>Hasta, <BR>JR <BR>http://www.vallarta-info.com

Old Feb 27th, 1999, 08:29 AM
Norma

I've been to Cancun twice. First in 1986 when it was still pristine--and it was great. Second time about 7 years ago--turned into what JR referred to as artificial. <BR> <BR>My husband and I have been to Puerto Vallarta 5 times in the past 6 years--need I say more? Though we always travel to PV in February. Not sure either Cancun or PV would be a great destination weather wise in the month of September. You may want to reconsider the month. In any case, PV would be my pick. <BR> <BR>Hope that helps!

Old Mar 2nd, 1999, 09:25 AM
Elio

Puerto Vallarta all the way. If you are looking for something artificial then go to Cancun but if you are looking for beautiful settings, friendly people, history, delicious restaurants and so so much more then go to Puerto Vallarta. You won't regret it. I have yet to meet someone who hasn't liked the city. I look forward to going back next year. I recommend the Qualton Spa as one hotel selection. If you want more info just e-mail me.

Old Mar 2nd, 1999, 03:58 PM
lynne

<BR>I've been to both Puerto Vallarta and Cancun...my choice would be Puerto Vallarta. Just returned from staying at the Qualton Club and I'd try another hotel if I were you! I had recommendations from two friends who stayed at the Qualton and when I compared notes with them after the trip it seems the hotel has undergone some changes - not for the better! Although the Qualton wasn't awful it has some drawbacks...you might want to look at other hotels as well. Email me directly if you want me to tell you what I disliked about the hotel.

Old Mar 4th, 1999, 01:44 AM
Pancho

Puerto Vallarta hands down. I know them bioth and there is no contest. If the beach is your only interest than Cancun is bettet but you would be better off to go to Florida then. <BR> <BR>September is one of the worst months of the year weatherwise. It will be very hot and humid.

Old Mar 8th, 1999, 05:52 AM
dan

What about Playa del Carmen. Much better than Cancun. Haven't been to Puerto Vallarta. Depends on what you want to do. One advantage to the Yucatan is its great wealth of Mayan ruins if that interests you. As far as cities go, Cancun is too American, but the downtown has some nice authentic restaurants.

Old Mar 20th, 1999, 07:40 PM
Angela

definitely puerto vallarta, cancun is too americanized, too expensive and too many kids (it's like ft. lauderdale on spring break). pv has old world charm and is one of the cheapest vacations you'll ever take. plus nothing beats a pacific sunset.