Search

Cancun or Cozumel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 03:14 AM
JT

Cancun or Cozumel

We are heading to Mexico and were wondering about ALL-Inclusive. vs. not. Sounds like the dinning places are limited in Coz. Any suggestions on the best all-inc. there?<BR><BR>Other desination suggestions?<BR>our priorities are<BR>1)Beauty...beach,pool,snorkeling<BR>2)avoid the herd<BR>3)Great food

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 03:57 AM
judy

check out Palace Resorts in Cancun you have a wide selection because when you stay at 1 resort you play at all 6. The most beautiful beaches are on the hotel zone which are Beach Palace,Cancun Palace,Sun Palace.<BR>They also have the Moon Palace which is 20 minutes from those resorts it is secluded and beautiful but the beach isn't that nice they do have a pool that is wonderful! Then they have the Aventura Palace which is adults only and that is close to Playa del Carmen you can take a ferry over to Cozumel.<BR>

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 05:18 AM
Susan

Dining places are definitely NOT limited on Cozumel. There are many good restaurants. I much prefer Cozumel to Cancun - there is much more of a Mexican feel to Cozumel and that is not the case in Cancun. Also would not recommend A-I. For restaurants, I've enjoyed Prima (Italian), La Choza (Mexican), Pepe's Grill (steak), Pizza Rolandis (which actually has a different name now, but I don't remember it), plus several other restaurants.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 06:20 AM
dan woodlief

Two things would recommend other destinations, including Cozumel, over Cancun: (1) if you don't like crowds and (2) if you want to really feel like you are in Mexico. The beaches are definitely better at Cancun, but hey you can always catch the ferry over to Playa del Carmen.

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 08:52 AM
TC

Dining options on Cozumel are SO plentiful and delicious that during a three week stay we have never been able to get to all the great ones. We go every year and have for 10+ years and never tire of the selections.

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 10:16 AM
kam

Whichever place you end up, try the Blue Lobster in Playa del Carmen for great lobster, good margaritas and nice pipe music.