Cancun - Omni Hotel??

Oct 30th, 1999, 07:29 AM
Michelle

Cancun - Omni Hotel??

My husband and I are going to Cancun and considering the Omni Hotel. We're looking for a luxury hotel with a nice beach. Comments on the Omni or other recommendations? Thanks.

Oct 30th, 1999, 04:29 PM
Jenny

Cancun? Hummmmmmm. Are you sure you want to go there? The Omni IS a beautiful hotel although very expensive. Cancun is very , very commercialized, completely littered with American stores and restaurants. If you are looking to get away from the hustle and chaos, get off the plane at the Cancun airport, take a cab to Puerto Juarez. From there take the ferryboat over to Isla Mujeres! (a tiny island) A great lux. hotel is THE NABALAM there (or MARIA DEL MAR). This island is so much better than Cancun! Once you experience Isla Mujeres, you'll never stay in Cancun again!

Nov 1st, 1999, 01:39 PM
laurie

I agree! We love Mexico, especially Cozumel, Ixtapa - but think that going to Cancun is like "Houston on the beach!" We are trying out a little place called Akumal, about an hour south of Cancun, in about a month. Have a good time, whatever you choose!

Nov 4th, 1999, 06:33 AM
Sue C NYC

Well, I LOVE Cancun. We have been there 5 times and will be going again in less then 2 weeks. The beaches are beautiful and the water is crystal clear. Yes, there are stores and malls, but I wouldn't say littered. There is something for everyone. The Omni is a very well spoken of hotel. If you have any questions feel free to email me. Also you might go to some sites that have folks that have been to and really love Cancun. Email me and I will give you the addresses to many sites that you will be able to get positive feed back from folks who have been there...many times. I look forward to hearing from you.

Nov 6th, 1999, 08:43 PM
Lisa

My fiance and I stayed at the Omni in Cancun 2 years ago. The hotel is nice and the rooms are large. The one we stayed in had a refrigerator and a small dining area. However, we did have our wallet stolen from poolside and had a mess of a time trying to sort out the mess. One thing to consider is that the Omni is located toward the end of the hotels so getting to and back from restaurants and shops takes a bit longer. As for Cancun, it was too commercial for us and the food was the worst I've ever had. But it is definitely worth it to see the ruins at Chitchen Itza.

Nov 7th, 1999, 09:17 AM
mch

Michelle

The Omni is a fine hotel, as most of the big hotels in Cancun (Fiesta Americana Condesa, Fiesta American Coral, etc). Cancun has so much to offer to every taste, you can be at the beach doing nothing all day long or you can do crazy shopping, its your choice. I will highly recommend you on doing some side trips to Xcaret, Tulum, Isla Mujeres and Cozumel. Have a great time!!!

Nov 7th, 1999, 09:19 AM
mch

Michelle

The Omni is a fine hotel, as most of the big hotels in Cancun (Fiesta Americana Condesa, Fiesta American Coral, etc). A hotel with a great location but with a small beach is the Camino Real, not as big as the others but with a little bit of charm (an interior laguna for example) and within walking distance of the main restaurants and malls. Cancun has so much to offer to every taste, you can be at the beach doing nothing all day long or you can do crazy shopping, its your choice. I will highly recommend you on doing some side trips to Xcaret, Tulum, Isla Mujeres and Cozumel. Have a great time!!!

Search this Thread