Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Cancun hotel advise--desperately needed!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Cindy

I have come across a good all-inclusive deal in Cancun at the Flamingo Cancun. However I cannot find anything at all about this particular resort in previous messages. Has anyone stayed there, or does anyone know anything about it? Anything you know or have heard will be greatly appreciated as this would be my first time to Cancun. Thanks. CC.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 06:48 PM
BJ

Can't help you specifically; don't know the property. <BR>However, according to the website below, it is considered a 4 Star hotel. <BR>Try asking on the bulletin board after you click on Cancun and then click on Hotels to see its rating. <BR> <BR>http://www.mytravelboard.com/cancun/ <BR> <BR>Good luck!

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 01:21 PM
W.

I didn't stay there myself, but my girlfriend did and we visited her romm and pool a couple of times. It was very nice and clean. The location is great! There is a mall right across the street and more shopping and clubs are close as well.

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 06:56 AM
x

We visited the Flamingo when we were in Cancun in April because we, too, had noticed it was priced attractively. <BR> <BR>We -- two adults, two boys ages 8 and 10 -- spent the morning at the Flamingo pool and had a great time. It was a young (20-somethings, for the most part), fun, drinking crowd. <BR> <BR>For our family's purposes (older adults, younger kids) we preferred our hotel, the Camino Real. But if we were younger and single, we would definitely have enjoyed a stay at the Flamingo.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 08:23 PM
Ginger

I also saw the deal listed for the Flamingo and am wondering about the quality of the meals as it is offered as all inclusive. Thanks for your time.