COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Cancun HELP! which one for Xmas?

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 06:42 PM
elizabeth

Cancun HELP! which one for Xmas?

We want to spend next Christmas in Cancun. Parents and a 17 and 21 year old. Right now have narrowed it down to: JW Marriott, Moon Palace, and an Omni Villa.. ANYONE OUT THERE STAYED IN ANY OF THESE PLACES? Inclusive versus pay as you go? thanks and very much obliged for your assistance..

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 04:51 AM
Jackie

Have you looked at the prices yet for Christmas week? They are very high! We tried this last year at the Moon Palace, but found out through the wonderful people we booked with, that if you go right before Christmas I think up to Dec 23 it is the cheapest time to go out of the whole year! We paid $2366.00 for 2 adults 2 kids last December at the Moon Palace, the rate for Christmas week was $3954.00 for 2 adults 2 kids. Big difference, we also checked more resorts at that time and they were basically the same way.

If you don't mind spending that money than go for it! The resort is so beautiful this time of year!

We booked through members of Palace Resorts and found they had the best rates.
www.get-me.to/cancun

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Jackie

Dear Jackie, thank you for your reply to my inquiry about the Moon Palace. I have taken your suggestion and contacted the folks at that travel agency. Their prices are less than Moon Palace's.. were you completely satisfied with them and their performance? someone named Jennifer is helping me.. thanks. Elizabeth

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Jackie

Yes, I was very happy to book through them, I talked with her husband Dave, he was also very helpful, they book directly through Palace Resorts Miami office, so you don't have to worry about anything, you fax your forms right to Palace Resorts, so they process your payment. Beleive me Dave and Jennifer really go out of their way to help you, I hope you have a great experience booking with them as I did.

Have a GREAT trip you will love this resort.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 03:42 PM
elizabeth

Thank you for your reply and insights. We will act on your recommendations.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 02:23 PM
Beth

We stayed at the Marriott Casa Magna over Christmas, and we highly reccomend it. The breakfast comes with the room, it is cheaper than the JW Marriott, but you can still use their pool. The Moon Palace is far away from the good main beach that the Marriott and the Omni are on.