cancun dining

Jul 23rd, 2000, 08:01 AM
jak

cancun dining

Hi ! My husband and I (we are in our 30's)are going to be in cancun the last week in sept. we love great restaurants! Anyone can help us with some recommendations. Expensive ones or otherwise, thanks

Jul 23rd, 2000, 08:54 AM
jnyman

There are a lot of great restaurants in Cancun. We went to Carillos and had a fabulous meal. If you want to try something more expensive go to La Habicheula (probably the wrong spelling). It is expensive but I haven't heard anything negative about it. It is very romantic. If you go there make sure to reserve a table in the outdoor garden area. Have fun!

Jul 23rd, 2000, 10:11 AM
Sheila

Blue Bayou is in the Hyatt Cancun Caribe. Wonderful food, atmosphere and service. Very romantic...on the expense side but worth the $$$$. Have fun!!

Jul 24th, 2000, 09:25 AM
Diane

I've sent several people to L'Habichuela and everyone has come back raving. In fact, two couples went back for a second meal! (As we did when we were there!) The dining patio is very romantic with those lacy wrought iron high back chairs and twinkle lights all around in the palms/greenery.

Jul 26th, 2000, 05:57 PM
d motl

Cancun is a paradise for food lovers.
Don't think that you have to spend a lot to get a great meal--especially for Mexican or sea food. Try Captains Cove (two locations in hotel zone) for the breakfast buffet. Also check out Iguana Wanna and Savios in Carocoll plaza for casual and mid priced dining.

Aug 20th, 2000, 07:31 PM
janice

We were in Cancun this year in March. Our favorite restaurant was Perico's. It's downtown. Food was great and the staff was tremendous. They entertain you and it was a great evening!

Aug 21st, 2000, 10:02 AM
Carol April

We just got back last week from a week in Cancun. We were at an all-inclusive hotel but ate dinners out several nights. The best meal we had was at La Dolce Vita - across from the Marriott. The restaurant was beautiful and the food was delicious!! The other great dinner we had was Rosata's in the Fiesta Americana Condesa - food was excellent. There was also a fun place in the Isla shopping center called the Modern Art Cafe - they have art displayed on all the walls for sale and every night at 9:30 they have a live flamenco show which is great!!

Have Fun!! We loved Cancun!!

Aug 21st, 2000, 05:21 PM
Brenda

Captain Cove's is good. Good seafood and lobster. There are so many. Pat O'Brians has a very good brakfast buffet. You won't have any problem finding a place to eat. Not all are expensive either.

Aug 22nd, 2000, 06:45 AM
dan woodlief

I have listed a lot of places I liked on my travel photography web site at oneeyed.homestead.com. The site is somewhat under construction, but Mexico is fairly complete. I tended toward the less expensive spots. Included are a couple of photos from Captain's Cove.

Sep 9th, 2000, 05:06 AM
bob

My wife had a great meal at Mexicana Rosa in the city-we ate in an outdoor courtyard with a fountain. The red snapper was excellant-try to get out of the hotel zone!!!

Sep 9th, 2000, 12:06 PM
Patty

Try Maria Bonita Near Camino Real, wonderful chocolate souffle, order it with your meal. Pericos is a must also.

Sep 19th, 2000, 12:26 PM
Monica

I must agree with previous posts - the food in Cs superb! La Habichuela is romantic and has delicious food. Savio's is wonderful, and Iguana Wana is great for a more casual atmosphere. We also ate at Perico's - great lobster! I don't think you can go wrong - there's a lot to choose from! Have fun!!

Sep 20th, 2000, 07:57 AM
mexicodan

gocancun.com or cancuntoday.com or cancunhotline.com

adios!

[email protected]
www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm