Cancun area All Inclusive Resort with Snorkling Included

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family is planning a trip to Cancun area and would like to stay at an all inclusive resort that also offers snorkeling as part of the package.

We do not want to travel far away from the resort like most of the tours require.

Are there any AI that offer snorkeling in an area near the hotel?

Thank you for any input you may have.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 05:31 AM
KVR

Most excursions are not offered as part of an included pacakge. Tours are usually extra and can be booked from your hotel's tour desk.

However, the Palace Resorts does offer selected tours. Not sure if a snorkeling trip is a part of it. Per the Fun Jet's web site under promotions it states "Guests staying at all Palace Resorts receive unlimited tours from a special tour selection (please contact hotel for tours and specific information regarding the tours".

Contact a travel agent for more info on what tours are included.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 05:57 AM

The Barcelo in the Puerta Aventura area has decent snorkelling off a pier right on the property.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 07:26 AM

Most AIs include non-motorized water sports...that should include snorkling, but off the beach in front of the hotel. So you should choose a hotel with good snorkling off the beach...Barcelo, as suggested.

There are others: Akumal Beach Resort, Bahia Principe...help me out here, guys...what are the others?

Keep in mind...a good snorkling beach is usually not a good swimming beach.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 07:56 AM

In the case of Barcelo (I haven't been to the others), it has a substantial beach front. SOme parts are good swimming and other's are goo snorkelling.

I know Palace resorts used to, and may still, off a snorkel excursion to Isla Mujeres.

Akumal is known for good beach snorkelling, and I believe Cozumel is as well. Cancun isn't so good. You generally need to take a boat trip to a good snorkel spot.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 08:24 AM

Cancun is not a snorkel destination.
Akumal about an hour away withjout much traffic was great 20 years ago but that was when there were no hotels nor crowds there.Now it is pretty good if you get there at 9 AM and snorkel until 11 and head back to Cancun for lunch you will make it back in less than an hour or go to Talum a facinating ruin only 15 minutes away or less and walk around for 30-40 minutes then head back. That would make an enjoyable outing. You can also go over to Isle de Mujeres by ferry (take the luxury ferry (probably $5-$7 RT by now) and and you will find a little off the beach snorkeling but not very good.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 05:44 PM

We loved the Barcelo because of the great off beach snorkeling. It is such a large beach that there are plenty of areas that are great for swimming too with. We picked that property because of the diverse beach & would go back again in a second. http://www.unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/home.html
check out the link above for pics & trip reports from the resort.