CANCUN AIRPORT TRANSFER HELP!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2004, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Traveling to Cancun this summer with 2 children (18/14) and need some advice with airport transfers to and from hotel (Marriott Casa Magna). Any ideas? Has anyone had a good experience with a reputable and dependable company?
Thanks for any and all advice in advance!
Craig
Old May 22nd, 2004, 05:25 AM

Their are many reputable, reliable van services which have ticket booths in the arrivals area--all will take you to your hotel. Also, with 4 of you, you might want to just wait until you are outside the terminal and use a taxi instead.
Old May 22nd, 2004, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Would anyone know what a taxi fare might be from the airport to Marriott Casa Magna (about half way up the hotel zone?
Thanks!
Craig
Old May 22nd, 2004, 11:58 AM

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the cab companies are allowed to pick up at the Cancun airport. Hence, the need for the transfer companies.

Our last trip we pre-booked with Best Day, they were there waiting with my name on a sign. I think it was $9.00 per person from the airport to the ferry dock to Isla Mujeres. You can also arrange private transfers, look into Cancun valet, but it doesn't seem worth the extra money to me.

Jean
Old May 22nd, 2004, 01:23 PM
TVL

Omar,
We just stayed at the Casa Magna Marriott and I think there are 2 options besides a taxi.

1. As you exit the airport, before the stoplight (you'll understand when you see it) there are a bunch of people yelling from the ground transportation/info booth. Skip all of them and look further down at the three stands (called green line, riveria, etc). They will take you to the hotel zone (Casa Magna) for $9 per person (maybe less for kids). You can also buy tickets outside for the bus but it is really congested and the price is the same so I would just buy them in the airport.

2. The Casa Magna will arrange for transportation (possibly a shuttle from the airport) for $12. They called us the night before we left to see if we were interested. I am sure if you emailed them and let them know the # of people you have then they would quote you a price or you could call them.

I hope this helps!
Have a great trip!
Old May 23rd, 2004, 05:15 AM

Also try Royale Tours...they provide transfers also and have a great reputation,I have worked with them for years.....www.royaletours.com.mx
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:00 AM

go to www.cancunandrivieramaya.com and follow the links there. Or use cancunvalet.