Notices

Cancun

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:06 AM
xxxxxx

Cancun

What is the best hotel in Cancun regarding location, beaches, food, and service?

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 10:25 AM
Nancy

Presidente Inter-Conti
Ritz-Carlton
Camino Real (less expensive than the above 2)

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 11:16 AM
xxx

Cancun Palace, Marriott Casa Magna

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 11:39 AM
Wendy

Definately the Omni!! Have not been to a better hotel there and have been there 5 times

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 11:53 AM
Les

We just returned and for our money I don't think you can beat the Camino Real. It is walking distance to the hottest clubs and restaurants, and yet quiet in it's beach-surronded corner of the world.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 12:13 PM
xxxx

are the hotels facing the bahia de mujeres better than the ones facing the carribbean sea?

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:12 PM
xxxxxx

thanks everyone for your help....I'm deciding between the Presidente, the Camino, the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach, and the Omni.Me and my friend are 19, so were looking for a hotel with a younger atmosphere. Does anyone know which has the most beautiful beaches and and best location, close to s nightclubs like Coco Bongo?

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 02:30 PM
xxxxx

*bump*

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:44 PM
xxxxxxxxx

OK i've finally made up my mind-either Camino Real or Presidente Intercontinental, can someone recommend one or the other?

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 05:00 PM
dougout

Haven't been to El but was recently at Camino and found it a great value. I think they are two excellent options. Camino may be a slightly better location.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:41 AM
Nancy

Hello again,
Glad you took some of my advice
I've been to both, and for younger people, I would suggest Camino Real.
Stay in the Club Tower - there is a great happy hour and a beautiful beach. The pool is really neat with a swim up bar.
The two hotels are very close by each other.
Either one would be really nice.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:55 AM
Sant

I booked a trip with Expedia.com after looking at Orbitz, travelocity, and other smaller travel sites. Booked a 4-night stay at Le Meridien, flyuing out of Miami on May 5th, for $1,100 for both of us.

Le Meridien's is known for great service and the restaurant, Cote Sud, is excellent. Le Meridien was voted the seocnd best hotel in Mexico by the Travel Channel.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:18 AM
xxxxx

nancy, Thanks for all the great advice!! But how do I know if the room I see on expedia is the tower? It says delux beach view included in the package. but it also has delux ocean front and camino real club room are $43.00 and $103.00 more a night. Also, Is the ocean nice there? We are planning on taking some tours, which meet at the omni, fat tuesday pier, aqua fun marina, etc, which I think is closer if we stay at the camina.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:26 AM
Nancy

Hello again,
The Club room is the tower. I was able to get a Club room rate of $115.00 per night by calling the Camino Real 1-800 number.
Get a high up room. The views are some of the best available as the water is on three sides and breathtakingly blue and clear. There is also a Club Tower private beach - secluded and reef-protected.
Camino Real is within walking distance of most of the action in the Hotel Zone.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:53 PM
xxxx

Thanks Nancy, again for your response. Well, I've made up my mind, we are staying at the Presidente. Theres no way I'm paying $113.00 MORE a NIGHT for the Camino, thats over $700.00!!! It does sound great but thats just too much. If I can find a good deal somewhere else, I'll stay at the Camino, but at expedia.com, I'm getting roundtrip airfare from Philadelphia, and 7 nights at the Presidente. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Denise