Search

Cabo San Lucas or Mazatlan?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 02:35 PM
amy

Cabo San Lucas or Mazatlan?

I'm looking to spend a week in Mexico on a relaxing sunny beach with some snorkeling but having never visited before, I don't know where to start. We're thinking of going the last week in August or first week in Sept. and both Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan have been recommended to us. Would anyone recommend one over the other?

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 03:02 PM
Earl

Amy, <BR>Given the two choices I would go for Mazatlan. Cabo is just "south USA", way too Americanized for my tastes, and much more expensive. <BR>If you are looking for the mega-resort experience check out the El Cid. Camino Real Mazatlan is also very nice and a bit quieter. There are also some nice condos available. <BR>In my opinion, Puerto Vallarta is the very best place to visit on your first trip south. There are mega-resort hotels, again I like the Camino Real, and a great selection of condos if you are seeking a quieter environment. <BR>Hasta <BR>Earl

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 11:51 AM
Amy

Thank you, Earl! I really appreciate your advice. I hadn't considered Puerto Vallarta -- I'm going to definitely look into it now based on your comments. <BR>Thanks again!

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 03:16 PM
Earl

Let me know what kind of place you are looking for, price, quiet condo, mega-resort, etc. <BR>I will be glad to help if i can. We will be back in PV from 8/26-94/ <BR>Hasta

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 03:28 PM
mike

for wet work, cabo gets my vote. cabo,maz and pvr are all expensive resorts.

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 06:08 AM
d motl

Where do you live? West Coast? If not you should consider the East Coast of Mexico which has the good water and snorkeling.