Cabo or Hawaii - comparisons, please.

Old Jun 14th, 1999, 10:31 AM
kathy

Cabo or Hawaii - comparisons, please.

Trying to make an educated choice between the two places. Have been to Maui, etc. but not to Cabo. Any comparisons you have I'd appreciate. Thanks.

Old Jun 14th, 1999, 11:24 AM
JoAnn

Kathy, We spent a week on the North/rainy shore of Kauai, the a week on the dry side of the Big Island--drove all over both sight seeing and would love to go back.
Spent a week in Cabo last year--"where the desert meets the sea" very dry, not many trees, wonderful beaches, great fishing, lots of good restaurants, little shops, Mexican hand crafted items, great for laying on the beach, but not much sight seeing, unless you are there for whale watching. There were a few trips--ATV to the light house, or to a few of the little towns, parasailing, water sports, snorkeling. We are going back next month for more fishing, but if I had the money and could do what I wanted I'd choose Hawaii over Cabo. JMHO.

Old Jun 14th, 1999, 11:36 AM
Jim

Kathy,

I just returned from a Cabo trip over Memorial Day weekend. I've been to Hawaii once and can't wait to go back. I can't say that about Cabo. Been there, done that. Just the fact that Hawaii has many islands is an attraction. Both places have nice waters, but Hawaii wins hands down. Since you haven't been to Cabo, it might be worth a short trip for the experience. I would say cultural experience, but everyone spoke english so there was no challenge. One more thing, Cabo is much cheaper than Hawaii.

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 12:52 PM
John

If you like to fish, Cabo is great. Otherwise, I would go to Hawaii. Cabo is hot and dry, without much to do except golf, fish and lay by a pool. I equate Cabo to Palm Springs but with fishing and fewer golf courses.

Old Jul 2nd, 1999, 07:51 AM
Phil

Not even a close call. Hawaii by a mile. For sheer beauty, lushness, variety of experiences, friendly people, and fun, you could pick any of the islands in Hawaii. In contrast, you know you're in trouble in Cabo when the center of town is the Planet Hollywood/Hard Rock Cafe restaurant complex. It's too commercial and looks like Cancun gone amok.

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 06:11 AM
Pancho

If you are not into fishing or heavy duty partying than Hawaii wins hands down. The only other reason to visit Cabo San Lucas would be cheaper air fare and more convenient. Cabo San Lucas is not cheap. It is gaining the reputation as one of the most expensive tourist destinations in the world.

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 08:28 PM
Jimbo

Cabo cost more than Hawaii even though it is a third world country. In Hawaii the people will speak your language and not be nearly as obvious about taking your money. Hawaii should be your place to visit.

Old Aug 16th, 1999, 08:52 AM
Kathy

I have been to Hawaii 7 times.....don't think I will ever go back. Cabo is touristy. Cabo is a party town. Cabo is a fishing town. Cabo is what you make it! We love it. You can be lazy and just relax, or party all day and night. We are not into the nightlife. We just like the people and the fact you can walk anywhere you need to go. It can be expensive, but doesn't have to be. There is lots to do and see there. It all depends on what you are looking for. All I can say is....THERE'S JUST SOMETHING ABOUT CABO!