Reload this Page >

Brazil- Domestic air flights

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2001, 03:59 PM
Nancy

Is it less expensive to go with a tour or book your own airfare when traveling within Brazil? My friend and I will be in Rio and would like to travel to Foz do Iguazu. I know that tours are available but I wonder if it's better to just book this kind of thing on our own. We tend to shy away from the organized tours in general. <BR> <BR>Any advice would be most appreciated! <BR>-nancy

Old May 23rd, 2001, 06:17 AM
gianluca

usually it is cheaper to buy a package <BR>but nowadays you can try looking for flights on various brazilian airlines <BR>on the web,, try www.tam.com.br, www.varig.com.br or vasp.com.br <BR>maybe you find something good

Old May 23rd, 2001, 10:22 AM
Burkely

Nancy one other suggestion might <BR>be to just show-up at the airport <BR>and hope to run into a travel agency <BR>at which time you can purchase a ticket <BR>as is the case in most Europe airport <BR>and as Brazil has such hugh Euro influnences, hmm. who knows

Old May 24th, 2001, 08:02 AM
Erin

Why don't you check with the Brazilian airlines to see if they offer travel packages from Rio to Iguazu? It's probably cheaper to buy an airfare and hotel package from the airlines than from a travel agent. Check with TransBrazil airlines http://www.transbrasil.com.br...they seem to be a lot cheaper than Varig and VASP. I'm planning a trip to Rio and Salvador for March 2002 and I found round trip tickets Rio-Salvador on TransBrazil for $144 USD. Varig was offering the same flights for over $400 USD. Good Luck!

Old May 31st, 2001, 07:27 AM
WildBill

I just got back from Rio and booked round-trip air from Rio to Fortaleza and 4 nights at the Priano Palace (4 star hotel) for what worked out to be 440 US p/p. I booked the trip on a Thursday and travelled on Friday. Most people I spoke to recommended Varig over Tam, and I will say that Varig was impressive with service compared to most U.S. Carriers. If you can book this far in advance you can probably get better deals than mine, but I think it was a good deal given the fact that it was essentially a walk-up fare.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 10:36 PM
Fabio

I can tell u that u have 2 options over here. <BR>There is a magic pass that u just can get if you are a foreign touris visiting brazil. WIth a ocuple of hundreds u get 5 travel tickets to fly within brazil, independently of the rout. I guess u can check with varig. <BR>www.varig.com.br <BR>Other option is to fly very cheap with Gol thai is causing revolution with popular fares. <BR>Take a look at www.gol.com.br <BR>I guess u'll find it's easier that u thought to visit Brazil. <BR>Recomend Rio - Salvador - Fortaleza - Manaus. <BR>Enjoy yourself.