Search

brazil airpass

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 09:44 PM
ren

brazil airpass

i plan on flying into rio in april. i'd also like to visit fortaleza. i would have to return to rio to catch my return flight to the US. is the airpass still the best way to do this? or is it better to find a flight to fortaleza once i get rio?<BR>thanks

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 02:18 AM
Evelyn

Hello...<BR><BR>yes, normally the Brazil-Airpass is the best option in case of flying in Brazil.<BR>But it depends also a bit at your time in Brazil...<BR>because if you have only a few days like 1 week, it would be a little too <BR>pricy to buy a Brazil-Airpass for only flying from Rio-Fortaleza and back...<BR>because with the Airpass you have the permission to fly to 5 different destinations for 530 US and 21 days!<BR><BR>If you have about 2 weeks in Brazil I would recommend you the Brazil-Airpass, ..because like that you could fly from Rio to Fortaleza, and if you want I would recommend you to fly from there down to Natal, Fernando de Noronha and maybe Salvador or Porto Seguro before returning to Rio!<BR><BR>If you do not have enough time, the prices for a Varig-flight from Rio-Fortaleza and back is around 1.085 Reais...<BR>not very cheap,...<BR>at www.vasp.com.br it is about 400-547 Reais each way, ..<BR>at www.voegol.com.br<BR>it's 775,40 Reais together,....!<BR><BR>Well, if you have further questions about anything avbout flying or Fortaleza, Rio, or any other city in Brazil please feel free to ask me ..cause I am, a frequently Brazil-traveller and may help you!<BR><BR>Greetings <BR>Evelyn<BR>elynnqweb.de<BR><BR>

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 05:21 AM
dick

I try and do a combination ticket - for me I use American to Brasil and either TAM or Varig for the on going destination and a stop in Rio. This usually raises the ticket by ~$100 and is much cheaper than 2 tickets. <BR><BR>FF mile awards are also a good value to Brasil.<BR><BR>FWIW - my preference in the NE of Brasil is the areas around Natal and Maceio rather than Fortaleza.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 07:01 AM
WildBill

I did a similar trip to Brazil last year and booked a last minute package for 2 to Fortaleza for about $400 a person. I booked it through an agency in Ipanema, called Soletur. If you're just planning on going to one place outside of Rio, then I wouldn't get the Airpass and i'd take my chances on making a booking after you get there.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 09:04 PM
mc

Soletur went banrupt a few months ago. However, there are other Brazilian tour operators selling similar packages. They can be bought in any travel Brazilian agency.<BR>Since April is not considered high season, you shouldn't have any problems booking last minute.<BR><BR>Best,<BR><BR>MC