Bosque Del Cabo

Old Aug 15th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bosque Del Cabo

Any suggestions which guided hike or trail my family should take the day we arrive at BDC? Hopefully we'll be checked in by noon and be ready to start hiking after lunch. From everything I've read on this great site the middle of the day won't be the best time to see wildlife, and it will be hot, but I hate to waste an afternoon sitting around the pool. I think low tide will be around 12:30 so it might not be the best day for a hike to the Pacific. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 03:15 PM

We enjoyed the Titi trail our first day (and several times after). It's one of the easier trails as it's fairly level most of the way, and will give you a good starting point from which to work your way up. Sounds like you're getting in around the same time as us. We had lunch and off we went. We saw Toucans in the driveway on our way in, Coati's and those big turkey vulture things (I can't remember their names) on the Titi trail that day. You may also see McCaws, Parrots, Putu, Sloth and other things on the drive from the airport. Most likely whoever drives you in will stop several times for you so that you can jump out and take a look.

Are you leaving soon? Have a great trip!
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

We're scheduled to arrive November 16th. I'm probably driving my family crazy with schedules and agenda's but this is one trip I've really been looking forward to. I'm hoping to be on a trail from sunrise to sunset. The Titi trail sounds great. Thanks for the reply.
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 05:11 PM

Actually, low tide is the only time you can really go down the Pacific trail to the beach. It won't seem like a bad walk down but it is a toughy on the way back up. There are hidden tidal pools that you can sit in and you can walk to the waterfall. Make sure you take more water than you think you will need. It is hot.

The titi is a great trail to start on. Another option for a coolish walk would be behind the bar area. You can hike down to the stream and play in the water or walk over to the mirador for a beautiful view of the Gulfo Dulce. They will give you a map of the trail system when you get there.

Hopefully someone has been out fishing and you can get one of Phil's famous tuna melt sandwiches .

Don't worry about wasting time sitting. You will be amazed at the things you will see just sitting on your deck or porch.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 04:03 AM

I'll agree with hvc - the Titi trail is anice easy walk, maybe 1 hour at most with only a couple small inclines, plus you get to walk up the driveway a bit which is where I've come across so many animals. And Suzie is right, there is very little that I haven't seen from just sitting on the porch at the cabinas or pool area. Yes, the tuna melts are awesome! The Golfo Dulce trail is best planned ahead, give your self plenty of time to walk down there and enjoy the beaches - I think their time estimate is a little optimistic, I'd add maybe another half hour at least (or maybe we just stopped a lot!)
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 02:13 PM
fae

Our family of four did the Pacific Trail on our day of arrival as well as continuing on to the waterfall. This was our second visit to Bosque del Cabo. The waterfall can be a little tricky to find. We failed to find it on our first visit. Worth the extra hiking - beautiful and refreshing.
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 02:31 PM

I arrived by 11:00 and thought about doing the Pacific Trail right off the bat, but opted for a short hike on the Creek Trail and a nap after lunch, having gotten NO rest the night before. Agree the Titi Trail a good option, also. The Zapatero Trail would be good as well--in fact, any of them except for the Golfo Dulce, which takes the better part of a day.

You can do the Titi Trail (or any of the others) AND spend a little pool time if you'd like! Depends on when you go. In the dry season, pool time is VERY nice as the temps are so hot. In July, with milder temperatures, I tend to not bother with the pool.
Old Aug 17th, 2007, 07:07 PM

We did the Creek trail on our first afternoon as well. Then we just relaxed on our overlook and it is just an amazing place to relax! We saw more wildlife there than we did on the trail! By the time we did the trail, relaxed a bit and enjoyed the amazing view we then got ready for dinner, had a few drinks at the bar and before we knew it the dinner bell or horn or whatever sound it was was ringing. Time will fly for you, but you'll also find plenty to do and let relaxing be part of it without considering it wasting your time. There is something magical about sitting on the chairs outside of your cabina overlooking the Pacific ocean with it 500 feet below, then looking to the left you'll see a huge troop of Spider monkeys...every once in awhile a pair of scarlet macaws will fly by you. If you're lucky maybe you'll spot a toucan in a tree! From the trees behind you maybe there will be some howler monkeys! And to the right, or maybe right over your wonderful outdoor shower, there will be some white faced capuchin monkeys! Trust me - you'll be wowed!

I notice your email is zoominternet.net are you in PA?
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 04:14 AM

Another nice walk is the walk from the cabinas to the suspension bridge and onward to the Tropical Gardens - plenty to see there, you can walk down to the big pond they have there (if you walk as quietly as possible you will often see Jesus Christ lizards there). Go up to the 2nd floor in the open air building there to enjoy the views (and they have bathrooms there - always helpful after maybe too much coffee ) Then you can head out the back way, which will cross a small little bridge at the end and deposit you on the driveway.
Old Aug 18th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. I talked to Leonardo the last couple of day's to get set up for meals. Needless to say, I'm just alittle excited. I don't want to see our summer end, but I can't wait for November. Thanks again