BLue Hole Belize

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:02 PM
jen

BLue Hole Belize

Can any one tell me how you get to snorkel the Blue Hole off of Belize? We would like to go there but this sounds so incredible to see that we want to fit it in our itenary. Thanks for any info

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:00 PM
greg

If you are on Ambergris, go to any dive shop that advertises the trip and tell them you want to go to the blue hole and snorkle, not dive. It will cost but is a fun trip. Even better is the stop at the island that contains the Red Footed Booby reserve.

g

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 10:18 PM
Tiffany

Check out the island under www.locogringo.com under the spotlight button, NEW artical just posted there today!!

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 12:47 PM
xxx

i have never heard of someone snorkelling the blue hole - only diving. so, do your research, i'm not sure if it would be worth the money for snorkeling.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Katie Valk

Plenty of people snorkel the Blue Hole. It's a full day trip and includes lunch on Half Moon Caye, adminstered by Belize Audubon and is a sanctuary for the red footed booby bird. Nice platform for birding, very pretty. Rates I think aer about 120.00pp and contact [email protected]. They run one of the best snorkel/dive operations on Ambergris. Great snorkeling around the 1000 ft diamter ring.

Katie Valk
Belize