Search

Best time for Belize

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2023, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best time for Belize

What would be the best time of year, weatherwise, to visit Belize?
Old Jan 28th, 2023, 02:28 PM

December through April or May is the dry season. Those are also the months that see the most visitors and highest prices. I think if you can go during those weeks after Easter, you'll still have good weather and fewer crowds. I was just there last May. The weather was beautiful (it was very hot) and I saw a lot fewer fellow visitors. Low season prices had kicked in too.

June through November is the rainy season, with September and October being the rainiest months. You're also running into hurricane season at that time. You'll find lower prices and fewer visitors.
Old Jan 29th, 2023, 05:09 AM

I like the November to April period because the days are still hot but the nights are pleasantly cooler, and there's not much rain.

The May through October period has the hottest weather and June through November is the hurricane/wet season though that's not much of an issue except that September & October have the highest probability of hurricane (I'd avoid those months).

Also from about late February through Sept/Oct, sargassum can be an issue. There's usually little to none from November until the following Feb/March.

Christmas/New Years and Easter are peak tourism periods which I prefer to avoid.
Old Jan 29th, 2023, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arjaykay
What would be the best time of year, weatherwise, to visit Belize?
Thanks folks. That helps a lot