Best site for lastminute deals?

Sep 19th, 2001, 09:18 AM
renee

Best site for lastminute deals?

My husband and I were in the process of booking a last minute getaway before last weeks tragedy. It seems that some sites I had looked at havn't been updated, or are no longer operating! We are still considering going since if we don't go this month, it will be a year since we get another chance. Can anyone recommend some great websites or agents for great prices and last minute deals on travel to Mexico or Costa Rica? Also, has anyone booked a trip SINCE the attack? We would be flying from N.Y. Thanks.

Sep 19th, 2001, 11:57 AM
Whitni

I have used Apple Vacations for my last 4 trips. They usually have last minute deals on their website www.applevactions.com
Look under the 'sizzlin specials' and go from there. Good luck!

Sep 19th, 2001, 12:24 PM
Nicci

Try www.get-me.to/cancun

Sep 20th, 2001, 08:37 AM
Lan Sluder

In the case at least of hotels and car rental agencies, you may get the best deal by contacting those places directly. They know exactly what they have left to sell (and in many cases recently there are a lot of cancellations) and they may be willing to offer a lower price if they can bypass the agent's or wholesaler's commission. With so many places having e-mail now, it doesn't cost anything to ask.

--Lan Sluder

Sep 25th, 2001, 02:01 AM
melinda

try funjet.com or selloffvacations.com.. we got a great deal with funjet to PV stayed at Royal Decameron it was an all inclusive, it was great! Several people there told us about selloffvacations, I haven't tried it yet.

Sep 25th, 2001, 06:20 AM
Robbie Felix

you might want to try www.centralamerica.com they have a Costa Rican website that is very helpful. There are many of us in the tourism industry who have recently been
seeing a dramatic drop in both reservations and walk-in traffic due to the tragedy in the states. We were already having a special that is literally half off our normal rates.
There are great deals out there! This is a slow time in Costa Rica anyway, however, the deals are probably improving by the minute!
Best warm wishes!
Robbie

Sep 25th, 2001, 07:40 AM
Carole

summer/fall special rates are still on for villa rental. Casa Tropical, located 1 hours drive south of Cancun airport, 3 miles north of Tulum ruins.

1st fl. unit $75/night for 2
http://CasaTropical.com