Reload this Page >

Belize, the place for Adventure & Beauty

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 1999, 07:11 PM
Dan Baxter

I haven't seen many messages regarding Belize here. Belize is an amazing country with lots of diversity. From privite islands to jungle Rainforests. I've been on a couple trips there with Island Expeditions Co. http://www.islandexpeditions.com . <BR> <BR>Check them out for some great pictures and info. <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Feb 18th, 1999, 05:51 AM
Dan winn

We are planning a visit to Belize in late March with our ten year old. Does anyone out there have a "don't miss this" recommendation? What are your favorite places to stay at? <BR>Let us know!!!

Old Mar 7th, 1999, 01:47 PM
Christine

You're right Dan about Belize, the place for adventure & beauty! And for Daddy Dan, here's my suggestions. If you're staying on Ambergris Caye (which I would suggest over Caye Caulker which was a bit honky-tank) you must go snorkeling at Shark Ray Alley. It's a popular snorkeling destination that will blow your socks off. And your daughter should love it too. I suggest Amigos del Mar dive shop, near Lily's Hotel. A nice hotel on A.C. is the Sunbreeze, which has a pool. If you're going inland, I did the ruin-thing, Xunantunich and Tikal (Tikal was fabulous!). If that's too strenuous for your daughter, there are plenty of jungle river cruises to choose from. Any good hotel will make arrangments for you. Have fun!

Old Mar 7th, 1999, 01:49 PM
Christine

Oops! sorry Dan, for assuming your 10 year old was a girl.

Old Mar 8th, 1999, 05:26 PM
steve

ambrigris is wonderful. We also did a snorkel tour out to the manatees. My daughter was about 10 at the time and that was the highlight. Shark alley was neat with the nurse sharks all over, we were diving and finally we ditched the tanks and snorkeled and it actually was more enjoyable and we saw more sharks. The beach at Sunbreeze is not good but the rooms are airconditioned. Ramon's Village is quaint but I don't believe that it has a/c. i have heard that a dive trip to the blue hole is long, rough and the dive isn't worth the effort. Staying at Belize City is dicey from friends that have tried it, get off the coast. <BR>

Old Mar 9th, 1999, 06:49 AM
Chris Collinson

For our honeymoon in late April, we're staying at a new hotel on Caye Caulker called The Iguana Reef Inn. Anyone heard anything about it, or anything else on Caulker? <BR> <BR>How about Maruba Spa Resort? We'll be there for the last 3 days of our trip on a package deal.