Belize Itinerary

Old Jun 6th, 2024, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belize Itinerary

I wonder if I could get some feedback on our planned itinerary for December. This is for 3 adults. Looking for fun, adventure, and relaxation. What am I missing?
Day 1: Fly into Belize City and transfer to San Ignacio. Stay at Cahal Pech Village Resort 2 nights or maybe Falling Leaves Lodge?
Day 2: ATM cave for 2 adults, Maya Cacao Expeience for 1 adult.
Day 3 Transfer to Hopkins. Visit Jaguar Preserve and Cockscomb Basin. Overnight at Parrot Cove Lodge 4 nights
Day 4: Snorkeling at South Water Caye - full day
Day 5: Snorkeling half day ? - In the evening a Bioluminescence kayak tour
Day 6 : Hang out
Day 7 Return to Belize City and fly out
Thanks for your feedback!
Old Jun 19th, 2024, 01:26 PM

Feedback on your itinerary

Hi Cheri,

I can provide feedback on the San Ignacio portion of your itinerary. That part looks good, but I would humbly share that you are missing a TON of stuff to do in the San Ignacio area.

There are also a few Cacao Experiences, and we would recommend Eden Valley Mayan Kitchen.

Cheryl

Last edited by Moderator1; Jun 19th, 2024 at 06:37 PM. Reason: removed commercial link
Old Jun 20th, 2024, 12:31 PM

I think one full day plus another half day of snorkeling might be overkill, unless you are really, really passionate about the activity.

I am a big fan of Hopkins, but your day of "hanging out" could be better spent in San Ignacio. There's a vibe there that I really like. I agree with the poster above that San Ignacio has just a ton of stuff to do. When does your flight arrive? Most international flights arrive midday to mid-afternoon. By the time you get to San Ignacio, most of your first day would be gone, giving you only one full day there. I'd take a day from Hopkins and give it to San Ignacio.

Last edited by Jeff_Costa_Rica; Jun 20th, 2024 at 12:35 PM.
Old Jun 20th, 2024, 12:39 PM

I totally agree that more time is needed in San Ignacio!