Search

Belize in June

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 07:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belize in June

I am going on my honeymoon in mid June and was thinking of going to Belize, but was wondering if it will be too rainy at that time of year. We were thinking of staying at the Blancaneaux Lodge and Turtle Inn or the Kanantik Reef and Jungle Resort. Has anyone been to either of these resorts during the rainy season? Any advise would be appreciated!
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 08:17 PM

I'm a budget traveller, largely by choice, and don't stay at all inclusives so I can't help you out with those specific lodges which are among the most expensive in the country. I've heard they're beautiful, though.

Some years it's still dry in June - no telling what it will do this year. When we were there in July and August 2003 (truly the rainy or "green" season) it rained in the night often but rarely during the day; in nearly a month we had a 2-3 days when it sprinkled for awhile (refreshing!) and one full day of downpour (which we loved).

In general it's rainier the further south you go, so it's possible Kanantik and Turtle Inn would be wetter than Blancaneaux, but it might vary from year to year.

If you don't get the response you're looking for here, check out www.belizeforum.com . Searching the accommodations section for those lodges should give you lots of reading.

Congratulations and have a great trip!
Old Dec 24th, 2005, 11:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
We just returned from Belize during what was supposed to be the dry season. It had rained for three straight days however, leaving the roads in disrepair and treacherous in some places. the reason I mention this is because Blancanaux is in a remote area off one of these roads. On a trip to Caracol we met lodgers from Blancanaux. They loved the place but said it is remote and if you wish to see more of the country, it is a long slow ride to other spots. This is true of many of the lodges. First you should decide what you would like to do and see in Belize and then choose your lodging. It will also help you to decide if the rainy season will be a problem for you.
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 09:03 AM

We went this past June (rained one night and wished for more). We stayed at Chaa Creek and loved it. The one down side, no AC. It was extremely hot this past June and thus we missed the AC (night too bad at night). Enjoy!
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 09:01 AM

For accuracy sake, dry season starts January and concludes June 1. December is still rainy season.