Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at Costa Verde's A-11?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would appreciate any comments on A-11, does it have A/C?? Ocean view?? Thanks.
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 03:43 AM

I think it should have a/c, pretty sure all do except for Costa Verde II. I don't remember walking by bldg A, so don't know about the views, but I do know that B-11 has an awesome view, not sure if it's relative though. I thought area A was where the bungalows/houses were but I could be wrong.

If you scroll to the bottom, you'll get a good idea of where the bldg's are: http://www.costaverde.com/trails.htm
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 03:46 AM

oops, sorry, just was looking thru their site & realized A-11 is indeed a bungalow. Says it has a/c, not sure about the view though.
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 05:28 AM

I was in A-11 for a little tour , it is in a nice area of the hotel , but I am not sure if it has ocean views ???? It is a nice big open Villa , with a nice porch .
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Tully I see the map, It looks awfully close to the road, I wonder if it is going to be real noisy?? What is in area C, D and E?
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 07:30 AM

It is not actually that close to the road ( A-11 ) . Area D is the Efficiency rooms , great views , very basic rooms , on the opposite side of the road from the main hotel area . This is where we stay and it's a great value . Area E is very close to the road . The villas are in a great area .
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 07:36 AM

Oops ! Forgot about area c , it is right on the little hotel road , opposite the main desk ( caboose ) . This would have some noise of people walking by etc. areas A and D would be much better . A-11 is really nice ..... just cant remember if it has views . And remember area d is efficiency and actually across the road .
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Faithie,

I had posted the following earlier, not real sure where it went
"Faithie, do you think it would be good with the children.(A-11) Is it an easy walk from there to the restaurant? I believe there is a pool in that area is that right?? Where was it you stayed when you were there??"

So, you stayed in the efficencies?? There is 6 of us though, I finally called them and they told me A11 has no ocean view, it would be pretty bad to be at MA without ocean view huh??

Tulemar was our first option and it is booked, Si Como No wants to put us in two rooms, but I don't feel comfortable leaving my 16 and 13 in a room alone, I don't know what are my other options. Do you have any other suggestions?? Some other hotels don't take children under a certain age, so I am at a lost. HELP!

Old Jun 21st, 2005, 10:07 AM

crarmy are any of the other bungalows/houses available that do have a view? You could also see if they have a studio plus and a studio room side by side but that would double your cost per night and you'd have to split up. On my visit to MA last month I didn't have an ocean view at CV and must admit I missed it a lot, but just ended spending more time at the Anaconda and the CV pool, both with great views.
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 10:12 AM

Did you look into staying in Building B close to the restaurant ( super views )???? Yes , there is a cute pool just below the villas in area a . Anyone can use it , but no-one was ever there when we went . You are very close to the restaurant , just a short walk where u will take your time to enjoy wildlife anyway !!!! I think A-11 would still be great , u can get your great views from the restaurant . We loved the efficiency in D-Unit ..... GREAT view , and on the money we saved on not having the " fancier " room , we spent on great dinners !! Only 2 double beds though . Is Casa Quinta available ? I think it does have views .....?
Old Jun 24th, 2005, 10:11 AM
MNP

We stayed in A-13 right next to A-11.
I can tell you they do not have ocean views like the other rooms. You can see the water, but you have to be standing at certain places. The noise by the road isn't even noticible. You would never know there was a road there. Honestly the loudest noises were the Howler Monkies in the morning..but how can you complain about that right??

There are some little porches with rocking chairs with a jungle view that is plesent...
Old Jun 26th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, MNP, Oh yes I think It is going to be fun listening to the monkeys in the mornings.