Search

Belize - ATMs/Credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 02:48 PM
Bob

Belize - ATMs/Credit cards

Forgive the repost but I realized title was misleading. We're headed to Belize this weekend for Xmas and wanted to know about the presence of ATMS and use of credit crads in Belize and Ambergris Caye specifically. <BR>B

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 04:32 PM
Gina

Bo, <BR>We used our Visa and MC to pay hotel and restaurant bills, buy groceries. But we pay cash for snorkeling and also for fruit at the snmall fruit stands. We pay with credit card also for gifts be bought in San Pedro.

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 04:35 PM
Gina

<BR>Sorry Bob, <BR>I do not recall ATMs in San Pedro. We were there two years ago so it is possible that things did change. Have a great trip

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 06:48 AM
Katie Valk

Our ATM's only work for local bank accounts. But you can get a chas advanceon your cc at any of the 3 banks on SP easily enough. Nearly everyone accepts cc on SP for all services. You can use your US$ forall purchases as well. Don't bother buying BZ currency. US10.00=BZ20.00, all the time, everywhere. <BR> <BR>Katie Valk <BR>Belize

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 09:18 PM
Bob

Thanks all, for the information. <BR> <BR>Bob