Reload this Page >

Beach Resorts in Costa Rica?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 1998, 05:26 PM
Mike Caturegli

My wife and I are planning a relaxing anniversary vacation in Costa Rica and would like to know if there are any 5-star type resorts near/on nice beaches. This is definitely a low-stress vacation, so somewhere nice and safe where we can be somewhat pampered would be great. Given that it seems a relatively inexpensive place, money's not much of an object. Any info is appreciated.

Old Jul 25th, 1998, 10:12 AM
NELSON LOPEZ ELIZONDO

DEAR SIR <BR> <BR>I'AM A COSTA RICA TOUR GUIDE THAT CAN HELP YOU A LITTLE BIT MORE PLANNIG YOUR TRIP, IF YOU WANT YOU CAN WRITTE ME BACK. <BR> <BR>SOME QUICK RECOMENDATION FOR BEACH HOTELS ARE, <BR> <BR>HOTEL MELIA CONCHAL, GUANACASTE BACHES, AND MANY PARKS ARROUND THIS NICE HOTEL. <BR> <BR>HOTEL VILLA CALETAS, JACO BEACH AREA, AND CARARA NATIONAL PARK. <BR> <BR>HOTEL SI COMO NO, AND HOTEL EL PARADOR. MANUEL ANTONIO NATIONAL PARK, VERY GOOD FISHING ARROUND. <BR> <BR>HOTEL LAPA RIOS, A PARADISE, RAIN FOREST AND BEACH <BR>HOTEL, CORCOVADO NATIONAL PARK. <BR> <BR>HOTEL MARRIOT SAN JOSE CITY. OR SOME SMALLER AND VERY HIGH RECOMEND LIKE HOTEL GRANO DE ORO, HOTEL FINCA ROSA BLANCA.

Old Jul 25th, 1998, 10:51 AM
Parrot Mom

Hi-spent a week at Melia Conchal—it is definetely five star—great resort—lots ot trips to take from there—beach has/had a strong current, but pool is outstanding—ate a few meals outside resort at the Golden Shrimp. Write for more info—don’t know anybody who has been there that has been unhappy.

Old Aug 6th, 1998, 05:40 PM
Debi

I can add a third to the Melia Playa Conchal — definitely rates up there with 5-star quality and service. Food great, rooms fabulous. The two days I had there were so relaxing, I thought I had been there a week. I was there in Jan ’97, the golf course wasn’t finished yet, nor the tennis courts. Beautiful grounds and the shop on the beach rents all sorts of watersport stuff — even scuba diving trips, if you’re into that.

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 11:00 AM
Maggi

We had a dreamy time in Costa Rica in March. Our favorite places were Si Como No in Manuel Antonio, and Villa Caletas in Puerto Leona (I would suggest avoiding Jaco Beach, nearby). Villa Caletas was simply the most luxurious place we've ever seen. It is on a cliff overlooking the ocean with a "horizon" pool, mini-Greek amphitheater, five-star dining, and soft classical wafting through the air. Si Como No has private cabins overlooking the nature park. Both have air conditioning. Some of the other exclusive places, such as Makanda-by-the-Sea, did not. Our favorite in-land spot was Vista del Valle (check out their web-site, vistadelvalle.com), a 20 minute drive from San Jose. They will pick you up from the airport and you can rent a car through them as well. You will have a great time. Every time I think of our trip to Costa Rica, I smile.