Search

Back from CR trip!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back from CR trip!

Hi all - I just wanted to write a quick post to say we had an amazing time in Costa Rica on our honeymoon and I even took notes so I could get thorough log up when I have enough time. We stayed at Xandari the first night, then went to Arenal (Lost Iguana - excellent spot, saw eruptions by day and night), then to Monteverde Lodge for two nights, and out to Montezuma via the ferry from Puntarenas. We stayed at El Sano Banano in a bungalow on the beach and it was incredible. On our last night we stayed at the Inn at Coyote Mountain, which was outrageous. SO much to tell, but for now that is about all I have time for. Just wanted to put this up in case anyone needed any advice about those places. Also rented a Suzuki Jimny from Dollar and drove ourselves. Great fun! Will post back soon!
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 03:56 AM

Hey Sarah !!!! Yahoo ! Glad to hear you loved it , Costa Rica is addictive to some ... Also glad to hear you liked Coyote as I believe I suggested it . Whew !! lol Think u caught the bug ! Faith .
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 03:57 AM

Uh oh !!! Outragous could mean "bad" as well !! lol . How many feet do I have in my mouth !? (fingers crossed )
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 07:52 AM

Did you guys drive, or hire a driver? Your trip seems very similar to what we want to do!
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 08:40 AM

They drove .
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

Faithie - that was outrageous in a GOOD way - holy cow. That place is INSANE - again, in a good way haha! It's way off the beaten path, only has 5 rooms, the owners came and gave us a tour of their 70 acre property that they are actively restoring because it was used for cattle, but contains like 3 different forest zones. One of the owners also cooks an elaborate 4 course meal for you, which we ate in our own private dining room because there was no one else there! The view is indescribable. It was expensive, but worth it for our last night of our honeymoon.
And yes we drove ourselves which was great. It was pretty dry even though it was November so I think we lucked out a little because I was prepared for worse. We did encounter a lot of people who used public transportation and that seemed to work out well. All the "taxis" we saw seemed to be 4 wheel drive and you could arrange transfers between locations through hotels for pretty reasonable prices, especially considering the rental cars are expensive anyway. I will say my husband is a really good driver and used to off roading so that probably helped - not sure if i personally could have pulled it off!
Old Dec 15th, 2005, 05:13 AM
dhuszai

nycsarah - I have tentative reservations at the Monteverde Lodge but haven't sent them my credit card information yet. Can you tell me what you liked or didn't like about the place? Thanks.