Bachelorette party in cancun -help?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! I was originally planning a bachelorette party to Vegas but now the location has changed to Cancun! Can anyone recommend a good hotel, all-inclusive, close to nightlife but not too expensive? We are a group of girls in our late 20's and early 30's but want to go out and have a good time...I was looking at the Riu Caribe but have been told it is not on the caribbean, it is on a bay. Is this true? I would like to be on the caribbean side as long as the water isn't too rough. Also, we are planning this for late september. Is this a typically bad time to travel to mexico due to hurricanes? I know I've asked a lot of questions, sorry! Can anyone help?? Tks!

Old Apr 19th, 2005, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you know September is THE peak of hurricane season. The good news is that there is either a hurricane OR it is beautiful. Buying trip insurance would be a good idea just in case. The beaches on the Carribbean side have much more wave action than on the "bay" side. The trade-off is that sometimes it can be very rough with strong undertows. If you love ocean swimming the Riu may be perfect. If you like waves, like me, Caribbean works better.

In terms of proximity to party the Riu would generally be closer than Caribbean side hotels. The problem with Caribbean hotels is that the closer to the party zone, the worse or more narrow the beach. Since busses are so cheap I would not worry how close to the party zone you were unless you want to walk everywhere. Not a great idea in my opinion for women. Hope that doesn't sound sexist, it's just that Cancun draws some people other than vacationers.

Hotels you may want to look at would be Melia Turquesa,Dreams, Flamingo (cheaper),Golden Crown Paradise (no kids) and the Omni. Get a map/guide from Laura the map chick at mapchick.com. Best $8 you will ever spend. Have fun!