Reload this Page >

Anything Good About Mazatlan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 10:11 AM
Matyi

I am planning a trip to Mazatlan in November of 2000. We are planning on fishing, spending time on the beach, dining, drinking, shopping and maybe seeing a bullfight. In reading other responses, it sounds like a dirty place filled with beggars and drunken college students. Did I make a big mistake in choosing this location or are there some nice things about the area? Also, we are staying at a timeshare called the El Quijote Inn. Does anyone know anything about this place?

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 11:24 AM
mexicodan

Mazatlan is a great Mexican resort city. Just go on the net search under Mazatlan, Mexico and see what ya come up with. A couple sites are: maztravel.com, pacificpearl.com, and go2mexico.com. <BR> <BR>adios! <BR> <BR>mexicodan <BR>www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 11:44 AM
Erika

We went to Mazatlan last Oct. and had a great time. There were no college students, and I didn't notice any beggars. The only slightly annoying thing is the timeshare salesmen on the street and the beach vendors can be a little pushy. Otherwise, it was great. I really didn't find it to be dirty. The food and drinks were good and super cheap and there is a lot of variety in restaurants. I learned a lot from maztravel.com before I went.

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 07:08 PM
jim king

Mazatlan is great. I've been there three times and recommended it to many folks who have had the same response as me. Its clean safe and friendly. You should have a great time there. The hotel you're staying at isn't the ritz but its good clean and decent and on the beach. Plan an evening at Valentiono's for dinner you won't regret it. for good cheap eats try the panama

Old Oct 16th, 2000, 02:11 PM
Pancho

We have stayed at El Quijote timeshare resort. It is not one of the most luxurious resorts in Mazatlan but we like it. The staff is very accomodating and it is well located. They have an excellent restaurant with good food at reasonable prices. We have stayed at others but El Quijoite is our favorite mainly becuase of the ambience. <BR> <BR>Mazatlan is certainly not one of my favorite places in Mexico. We visit frequently because we have a lot of family that lives in the area. I used to live in Mazatlan. <BR> <BR>There are others that like Mazatlan so you will have to be the judge of that. It is not particularly very dirty nor is it filled with beggars. Mazatlan is a fairly large city now. What I do not like are the poor beaches, ugly countryside and lack of culture. With the exception of the beaches Puerto Vallarta is much nicer. However the folks are pretty friendly in Mazatlan. <BR> <BR>I do recommend the Panama Restaurant/Bakery. It is a small local chain. There is one downtown across from the zocalo and another in La Zona Dorada ( tourist area ). It is a very nice casual restaurant with a vast assortment of very good food at reasonable prices. It is very popular with the locals as well as the tourists that are familiar with it.