Anybody want to go to CR?

Old Dec 31st, 2009, 07:20 AM
bd
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody want to go to CR?

I have a great trip planned: Leo is picking us up at SJO on the 9th, driving us to Arenal Observatory Lodge for 2 nights, then moving to Silencio del Campo for two nights. I prearranged a trip to Cano del Negro on the last day, and then have have flights to Puerto Jimenez to spend four nights at BdC before flying back to SJO on the 17th. Only problem is I hurt my back and can't walk, so without trip insurance, it looks like only my money is going to CR. I don't know if any of this is transferable, but if you're interested, let me know, and I'll look into it,
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 07:58 AM

Jeez Louise, wish I could! So sorry you injured yourself, and I hope that gets better really fast. It doesn't sound like fun. Take care--and good luck!
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 08:40 AM

I would e-mail or call them ASAP to see about getting a refund. We had to do that for a trip when someone in our family got very sick, and I was surprised that the hotel gave me a full refund. Sorry you'll have to miss your trip and hope you can get your money back. They may be able to rent your rooms to someone else since it's a popular time.
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 07:36 AM
bd
Original Poster

I just wanted to put in a good word for all these hotels who have shown me a great deal of compassion. The two Arenal hotels have canceled my reservations without penalty, and BdC is working on re-booking the rooms so that they won't have to charge me as well. Helping me like this shows the true measure of customer service, so if you are undecided about where to stay, I can unreservedly recommend these fine hotels without ever having stayed there.
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 09:34 AM

Good deal - that's awesome.
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 10:32 AM

bd,
I am very happy you have had some luck with your hotels. I used to struggle with whether to buy trip insurance because I rationalize our current good health etc. for the past few trips I have gotten it and it does give me peace of mind because I pay the additional premium to "Cancel for any Reason." Your experience helps all of us realize that the gamble may not be worth it. For others who have read this post go to www.insuremytrip.com You can get airline coverage and everything.