any thoughts on Jack Tar - Cancun???

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 03:13 PM
sam

any thoughts on Jack Tar - Cancun???

I am travelling to cancun and have booked at the Jack Tar. Has anyone been there? Any comments on the beach, the resort, and especially the people who stay there would be appreciated. Btw: I am a single male in my late 20's. Thanks.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 12:38 PM
brad

You'll love it. It's breathtaking. Best part of the beach in my opinion.

Brad

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Metrogal

Hi Brad:

Would you be good enough to post more Jack Tar details. Thank yoy.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 05:10 AM
Don

Sam, I was just in Cancun in August, I stayed at the Presidente Hotel which is right next door to the Jack Tar. This area I believe is the best part of the beach in Cancun as it is not exposed to open surf. The water was very calm and warm as opposed to the beach in front of other hotels on the other side of Cancun. From what I saw at Jack Tar there seemed to be lots of young singles from all over the world besides the USA. I did speak to some Americans and they told me that the food was fine and all the drinks included were fine, they were having Pina Coladas at 10 in the morning. They have a nice pool with lots of tongas being displayed and golden tans, I think you picked a good one.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Joyce

Although not the most Luxurious hotel in Cancun, Jack Tar attracts a lot of singles and young couples. Adults only also adds to its attraction. Food and drinks are average.
You will have a Ball.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:56 AM
sam

Thanks for everyone's feedback on Jack Tar. I just returned from my trip and had an amazing time. The food was okay in the buffet restaurats, and amazing at the resort's a la carte restaurants. Really friendly activities staff - lots to do during the day, beach vollyball, water polo, etc.. There was nightly entertainment and a shuttle that took you to the club district at night. The sand was white and soft, and the water very swimmable and warm. Great resort - met tons of people.

sam

p.s. you HAVE to check out a club called Coco Bongo's - it was unbelievable