Search

All-inclusive Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All-inclusive Cancun

I am looking for the best all-inclusive resorts in Cancun.
Thanks
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Old Feb 11th, 2005, 06:34 AM

What's your budget, age, etc.?
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

I am 30 and will be going with my wife.
We want a nice relaxing vacation. We are bigger beach people then pool. We like all-inclusive so we dont have to worry about paying for drinks etc. As far as a budget I'm not sure. Maybe a couple of thousand. I just want to know what all-inclusive has the nicest beach, some water sports, and good food and drinks.
Thanks for any advice you can give.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 07:44 AM

Hotel Rui Cancun is supposed to be great. I've never been, but my friends had a great time there. Check out http://cancun-hotels.tripadvisor.com...la-Hotels.html
for some reviews of different hotels and all inclusives.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 08:09 AM

Have you considered the PDC area? There are lots of very nice AIs there. For couples only, many people on this board speak very highly of the Royal Hideaway. PDC is a nice little town to be near, the beaches are great and it's also closer to many of the sites.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

I am not familiar with the PDC area. Is that near Cancun? Is it as Americanized as Cancun? I dont want to worry about getting sick.
Thanks
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 08:39 AM

The Marriott Casa Magna is now offering an "escape package" all inclusive. Great beach and hotel. Full use of their restaurants, and I'm sure the food will be MUCH better than the average Al...
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 09:18 AM

PDC (Play Del Carmen) is about a 1/2 hour car ride south of Cancun, and yes, the water is purified. It's a little less 'miami beach' than Cancun. Not yet as jam packed with hotels one after another (although there are many). The town does have a more true Mexican flavor to it.

If you plan on just syating at the resort, I don't think it matter much, but if you want to get out and explore, I think PDC is better. You can easily ferry to COzumel, drive to Tulum and other ruins, snorkel in akumel, etc.
Old Feb 12th, 2005, 07:49 AM

Another vote for Royal Hideaway in Playa del Carmen. This is by far the best resort I have ever been to. It's one of the few all-inclusives that is listed in "Leading Hotels of the World". You will never want for anything at RH. The staff is very attentive, the food is the best I have ever had at an AI and if you choose, your drinks will be brought to you in/by the pool.
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all of your help. Royal Hideaway looks incredible but out of my price range.
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Old Feb 16th, 2005, 01:10 PM

We really enjoyed the Omni in Cancun. One of the best beaches in Cancun- wide, clean, and staff will serve you right on the beach. Plenty of palapas, too. Food was very good from the menu and the best was the jacuzzi bar right on the beach- talk about paradise. The all-inclusive is definitely the way to go. Rooms here are basic, but clean, and how much time do you spend in the room anyway?

The beaches at PDC are not as nice as Cancun. We also did not like the beaches on the northern side of Cancun where there are no waves. Cozumel is beautiful and a good choice, too.

See pics of my vacation at the Omni at: http://www.geocities.com/teacherkab/scrapbook/cancun/
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 02:56 PM

Royal Solaris had a very nice beach & a nice pool area. I thought the drinks were fine - pina colada's, magueritas, etc. It also has a great pool area.
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 05:09 PM

My husband and I just came from the Avalon Grand in Cancun. I would reccomend it if you are looking for an all-inclusive. The service, food, and drinks were great. Another plus is that if you are AC there you can take the ferry to Isla Mujuerez and spend the day at the Avalon Reef and enjoy all-inclusive, we rented a golf cart for the day and explored the island, anytime we were hungry or thirsty we would head back to the resort. The Avalon Grand Cancun has a great entertainment staff (Charlie and Tracie), if you plan on taking children you can still have plenty of quiet time. The only negative, and I guess it's all on your perspective, is there are alot of stairs, not many elevators..but we enjoyed the exercise!!