Acapulco in March

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 01:43 AM
Jackie

Acapulco in March

Just need some tips on what to see and what to do from travellers who have already been to Acapulco. I am going with a friend and what to know what 'not to miss' and of any highlights of the city ie activities & nightlife and if there are any bargains or travel tips to be aware of.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 08:39 AM
Susan

I'm also interested. We plan to stay in Pie de la Cuesta for a few days - Acapulco area wasn't our first choice, but we're using frequent flyer miles and it was the most convenient (without long layovers at the airport in Mexico City). So if anyone has recommendations for the Acapulco area, I'd love to hear them. We're not much on nightlife - usually just a good dinner is enough. We love to snorkel - we've been to the Yucatan several times and I know it won't be anything like that, but is there any snorkeling near Acapulco? <BR> <BR>We are going to Morelia and Patzcuaro after Acapulco, so we don't expect to do much shopping, etc. in Acapulco. <BR> <BR>Thanks.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 06:21 PM
Cecilia

Please do check if Pie de la Cuesta is a name for a hotel or the area, because there is no nice hotels in that area. It's like 30 minutes driving from the bay. <BR>For the best sight restaurants try the ones that are in the "Las Brisas" area. Make sure you get a table by the "window". Remember that you take dinner earlier than mexicans, so you may be lucky to go without a reservation before 8 and get a good table. <BR> <BR>I think Acapulco is not a place to snurkle, if you already had the expireince in Yucatan, this could dissapoint you. Acapulco sea is not as beautifull as the Caribean, but is warm and the bay its beautifull. <BR>There is a lot of nigth life. From restaurants, to discos. The Baby'O one is the most crowded (I suppose is the better one). There is Bingo (many old people) and some shows, you sure can get information about them at the hotel. <BR>During the day there are a lot of water sports and the great sun. <BR>It's my favorite place, hope you like it

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 02:22 PM
Nick

I am going to Acapulco with my friend Eric (from France) and we plan to do some skin diving/hiking. Does anyone know of any Rain Forest hiking areas in Acapulco? We will be there from March 23rd to March 28th. Also, any reasonable hotels ( $50 range)? We are looking for others who would like to do the same.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 07:16 AM
Susan

We just got back from Mexico yesterday. Cecilia, we were quite happy with our decision to stay in Pie de la Cuesta. Neither of us need a luxury hotel (or even a particularly nice one), so it was fine for us. The only disappointment was that you can't swim there (and I knew that in advance). We took a few day trips into Acapculco and explored a lot, but it was nice to come back to Pie de la Cuesta at night - so quiet! We stayed in Hacienda Vayma, which has a very good restaurant. <BR> <BR>Morelia, by the way, was fabulous! We really enjoyed that area. <BR> <BR>In Acapulco, I think it was great to see the cliff divers. We also visited the museum at the fort which was interesting. <BR> <BR>One restaurant we really enjoyed was a little place called Ita Tako - there are 2 of them in Acapulco (that I'm aware of). The food was excellent!