Acapulco

Oct 4th, 2019, 03:05 AM
Original Poster

Acapulco

I now have a day in Acapulco off of a cruise, instead of Costa Rica. Of course everyone is freaked out by the Level 4 "Do Not Travel" warning. I think many are just going to stay on the ship when it's in port.

For anyone who has actually traveled in Guerrero or follows the news (not people who just go to Puerto Vallarta, for example), what is your opinion about arranging a tour to a nature reserve or the botanic garden, or just walking to the zocalo? Is Uber a good option there?

Thanks in advance.
Oct 4th, 2019, 04:30 AM

30 years ago... Acapulco was the place to go, and so did we. That said, we are all well aware of the city’s reputation today but a friend of ours ( single retired lady) spent the longest part of winter in the city and reported nothing out of the ordinary except sunshine and fun. I doubt very much that you would encounter any problems visiting offshore, especially on a booked tour. It also seems that Acapulco is very busy with European and Mexican tourists abound... Go !
Oct 4th, 2019, 05:04 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the feedback.
Oct 4th, 2019, 06:19 AM

Let us know what you end up doing. I went to Acapulco two years in a row about 10-11 years ago but I've had it off my list for awhile now due to the reports of the narco stuff.
Oct 5th, 2019, 04:25 AM
Original Poster

Will do. Unfortunately there is no Uber in Acapulco. Still casting around to find an independent guide.

Apparently the water will be too shallow at the Costa Rica port for NCL's two new mega-ships.

NCL's reply to some of the panicked guests "we'd never intentionally put you in harm's way".

Okay, then there is unintentionally.