4Seasons CR/Morgans Rock Nic Advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to plan a wedding/honeymoon trip and need some advice. Morgan's Rock in Nicaragua is the most important part of my plan and would consider just doing a Nicaragua trip except, from what I have heard, it is hard to arrange a wedding there. That is where CR comes in and I chose the 4 Seasons because of the proximity to Nicaragua. I am aware of the fact that I won't experience the "real Costa Rica" there, but my purpose is to be able to get married and do a Costa Rica trip at another time.

My questions are:

1- timing. My choices seem to be the beginning of March or the end of June. Is one far preferable given the rainy season? I am especially concerned with Nicaragua if anyone has any experience.

2- flights. I was looking at flying into Liberia and out of Managua. Does this make the most sense?

3- Alternatives. Is there some other fabulous place in CR that I may be overlooking that would also be convenient to Nicaragua?

Wedding would be just the 2 of us, preferably on the beach, so group lodging is not an issue.

I would appreciate any advice.
Old Jan 14th, 2006, 03:52 PM

Morgan's Rock is on my list for places I want to go, but, sorry, I'm not a Four Seasons fan if you are visitng Costa Rica. How about Finca Rosa Blanca, in the Coffee Plantation area outside of San Jose? Check out their honeymoon suite. You won't find anything like it, and the resort is lovely.

Marcia
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 09:53 AM

We stayed at MR last March, near the end of the month. It was getting quite hot but the weather was otherwise great. You might consider flying from CR to Nicaragua. I think you can fly from Liberia (or San Jose) to Granada which is closer to MR than Managua. Talk to MR or perhaps the travel agent who arranged by Granada lodging and my airport transfers to Granada, Patricia Alvarado [[email protected]], they are a costa rica based company who had more recently expanded into Nicaragua. We loved Nicaragua, including the day and night we spent in Grenada. Are you sure you can't get married there?
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 10:15 AM

Morgan's Rock looks fabulous, but Nicaragua itself still has a long way to go on the tourism front.

I liked both Panama and Costa Rica. Have you seen this? islassecas.com Looks romantic.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 10:15 AM

Hi there --
If you're planning to fly into Liberia Costa Rica (and not San Jose) you could check out Cala Luna or Sueno del Mar for your beach wedding. Both are more intimate places than the Four Seasons.

You could do a land transfer from the Liberia area to Morgan's Rock -- about 3.5 hours. You can also fly from Liberia to Granada, but then Granada is a 2.5 hour ground transfer to Morgan's Rock. (I'm pretty sure this flight doesn't operate daily.)

If you have an interest in spending some time in Granada and/or flying out of Managua, your itinerary could look something like this:
Fly into Liberia, get married, spend some time there, ground transfer to Morgan's Rock, spend time there, then ground transfer to Granada, spend a couple of nights there, then ground transfer (about 45 minutes) to Managua for the return flight home.

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:45 PM

Just got back from Morgan's Rock. The day we arrived one American couple got married there, on the beach, they only decided to do it once they got there and the hotel organized it for them. In the meantime, the manager Gladis was busy planning another wedding, for a couple who got engaged there and was returning to be married there. I would encourage you to contact her before you assume you can't get married there. It is an incredible place.