COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

25 lbs of luggage

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 05:54 PM
judie

25 lbs of luggage

Does anyone have experience with just taking 25 lbs of luggage to CR (for 10 days part of which is flying Sansa to Osa). Trying to decide what 25 lbs would look like/include for Osa, Arenal, and Monteverde. Have also considered seeing if first and last night hotel (Hampton at airport perhaps) might store some. Advice from the experienced?

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 01:33 AM
Judie's Helper

Check out the following website:

http://www.travelite.org/index.html

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 01:35 AM
Judie's Helper

Useful in the website below:

http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/home.htm

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 03:26 AM
Gina

Judy, we just returned from Costa Rica and 25 lbs was not a problem for us. We had less than 25 lbs for two of us. How we did it? Before we went to Osa Peninsula we stayed in Vista del Valle where we left most of our luggage. We did not take any warm clothes so it wasn't that much. We took only only stuff that we needed for four days. We took sandals that we never used and two books that we never opened. Vista del Valle was very accommodating in regard to storing our extra luggage.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 04:59 AM
dawn

Judie -

My boyfriend and I just returned from a ten day trip to CR, four of which was spent in the Osa Peninsula. We flew TravelAir, which has the same weight restrictions as Sansa, to Palma Sur. I carried a Medium sized duffel bag and a backpack. My boyfriend had a medium sized rolling suitcase and a large-sized daypack. Both of us came in well under the weight requirement. A few stupid people came to the airport with these HUGE suitcases so the suitcases had to fly separately; some of them were separated from their luggage for hours and had to what at the airport for a very long time to retrieve their luggage. Anyway, 25 lbs. is a little more than you would think, you should not have any problems.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Brooke

We bought 2 canvas duffle bags so that very little of the 25 lbs would be the suitcase itself, packed light, wore our hiking shoes, and had a great time.

We left a small bag with clothes for cooler weather with a rep from a travel agency when we first arrived in CR, who returned it when he met our flight from Osa and drove us to the bus terminal for our trip to Monteverde.

We hand-washed some clothes throughout the trip, but I would advise you not to do this in Osa, because with the humidity, they never dried.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Iguana

Am one of those "stupid" people with HUGE suitcases. Excuse me if I prefer not to wear the same things over and over for 2 weeks.

Had no problem. Sansa and Travelair will allow more than 25lbs (they charge .50 and .66/lb over) as long as the total weight for the flight is not exceeded. If it is a full flight. They'll put your luggage on the next flight to the destination.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 02:55 AM
ttt

ttt