Reload this Page >

2 surfer girls in Costa Rica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Courtney

We are 2 girls in our 20s going to Costa Rica looking to surf and meet other young people. Which beach town along the Pacific has the most action?

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Hugh

Jaco is a youth minded surf town. Definately check it out.

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Kris

If you are in your 20s you are little too old for Jaco. Go to another place that is more suitable for older surfers

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Robbie Felix

you might find out more on the Lonely Planet site...www.lonelyplanet.com on the section called Thorntree. It s frequented by surfers!<BR>Dominical, although tiny is a good place for experienced surfers, Manuel Antonio is good for intermediate and Jaco is popular with a varety oflevels of talent.<BR>Enjoy!<BR>Robbie

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Courtney

Thanks so much for responding, this is so cool! I really appreciate it

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Parrot Mom

Tamarindo seems to be a surfers town..on the Pacific side..

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Courtney

Thanks everyone! It seems I may choose Tamarindo...What do you think?

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 05:31 PM
troy

I've been a couple of times, & did the entire pacific side. Tamarindo, in the north, is a cool small town with insane sunsets. it's just starting to get developed, so there is some night life there. there are 4/5 bars to party at, several restaurants, and even a surf shop (iguana surf). the owner is from the u.s. and is very helpful in pointing you to breaks. there is tame surf within the bay, & larger surf out side the point. a very cool place. <BR>if all you want is perfect surf, no night life, go to Pavones. It is as south as you can go, (very south of Gulfito). there's only 2 restaurants and a few places to stay, & its not easy to get to. However, you can catch rides for over a mile long (i'm not joking!)on a left break that will leave you in tears because you thought rides like that only existed in magazines & wet dreams. its prety much all surfers there, at night everyone gathers at the main restaurant and exchanges daily stories, it's very quiet there, but a surfers paradise.<BR>if you're really daring, hike through the Osa Pennisula rain forest. the trail is 22 miles, & VERY RUGGED. you'll see everything from monkies to snakes to gators.... the rain storms hit you like going through a car wash in a convertible. its absolutley amazing though.<BR>good luck with your travels, they are what you make them, and remember, traveling is the best thing anyone can do with there lives.<BR><BR>Troy

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Kayla

Thanks, Troy...great response! Maybe you can meet us there?

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 07:20 AM
SANDY SCHAUB

BEEN TO TAMARINDO RECENTLY AND WE HAD A BALL. SMALL FISHING TOWN WITH LOTS OF SURFERS. FUN FUN-SUNSETS ARE GREAT.WE STAYED AT HOTEL PASATIEMPO-$65.00 A NIGHT AND REALLY CUTE. POOL, BAR, COOL ROOMS 5 MINUTES FROM THE BEACH. OWNERS NAME IS RON-50 GOING ON 15. FUN-CHECK IT OUT,HE'S A RIOT. KEEP IN TOUCH-LOVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU END UP<BR>SANDY SCHAUB

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 01:15 PM
Oceangirl84

Try Hotel Pasatiempo in Tamarindo. We are surfers and have stayed there several times. Ron, the owner is a lot of fun, and is used to seeing surfers and helping them. He's even driven us to various 'off the path' surf breaks. As part of a group of females, I have found him to also be protective of his women guests, which would be good for a group of young girls. Good luck & have fun! PS -- I have been to Jaco several times. It's nice but expect to get hit on A LOT!!! I am now married and guys still hit on me as if my husband isn't there at all. In your 20's, you might be a bit old for Jaco but if you go, have a great time!